Question

Honor Student
jaccieg
Message 1 of 6 (589 Views)

My compaq presario laptop freezes and lags after about 15 minutes of use.

I have a compaq presario cq-42 laptop with windows 7 installed. I'm having a problem with it freezing and then lagging after about 15 minutes, or sometimes less, of use. This doesn't just happen when i'm on the inernet, it also hapens if i'm watching movies on it too. I thought it may be over-heating but sometimes it only has to be on for about 5 minutes and it does it. Plz can someone help as it is very frustrating !!! Thnx

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (579 Views)

Re: My compaq presario laptop freezes and lags after about 15 minutes of use.

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
sam_0718
Message 3 of 6 (560 Views)

hi, I also have the same Notebook model and the same OS with the same problem. How can I solve this?

Honor Student
jaccieg
Message 4 of 6 (551 Views)

Thnx DP-K, will give it a go

Honor Student
jaccieg
Message 5 of 6 (519 Views)

Update - I went into bios and performed check on hard drive and memory and both came up as passed - no errors ! I am now starting to think it may have something to do with the laptop heating up. I have checked in bios menu and the fan is set to "always on" and when we use the laptop we always make sure the underneath vents are clear.......anymore suggestions?????? jaccieg

Student
Fakat4u
Message 6 of 6 (145 Views)

I have compaq presario laptop V3749AU freezes and lags after about 15 minutes

Hi Dear ,

I have compaq presario resently i update bios after updating this problem will come please advice me what to do......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation