My computer doesn't recognize my DVD/RW drive (795 Views)
Student
LouCInNY
Message 1 of 3 (795 Views)

My computer doesn't recognize my DVD/RW drive

The problem is that when I put in a DVD or CD, I can hear the driver running, but the drive doesn't show up on my computer (HP Pavilion dv9910us Entertainment Notebook PC).  When I open the "Device Manager" it doesn't show any DVD drive anywhere.  I tried physically removing the drive and then reconnect it, but it didn't work.  Can anyone help me?

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (760 Views)

Re: My computer doesn't recognize my DVD/RW drive

This seems to be a hard ware problem with the DVD drive. Replace the drive or try to get it repaired by any local repairer if the system is out of warranty. if the notebook is in warranty, please contact customer care for drive replacement.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (748 Views)

Re: My computer doesn't recognize my DVD/RW drive

This seems to be a pretty common problem_unfortunately, and isn't always solved by replacing the drive. Try a hard reset, which 'sometimes' helps.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 20 seconds

3-reinstall power cord only for first startup

4-power on

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation