Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion 15-n043se Notebook PC 

while i'm using it suddenly it freezes and the mouse pointer freezes, making an annoying buzzing sound if i'm playing a song or i'm playing a game and i have to restart it.
i installed a new version of windows and an anti virus but nothing,the problem still the same.

any help please!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Mohamed-Elmagra,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that your notebook freezes while you are using it. You have done a clean install of Windows and an anti virus program.

Here is a link to Computer Locks Up or Freezes in Windows 8 to assist you.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem here with my new Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-n043se

And it's not about the updates, because I was used at first for Windows 7 and the same problem occurred. I thought that it related using Drivers especially with another device. Then I purchased Windows 8 Pro to install the default drivers, and found the same problem.

It come suddenly without warning. Possible repeated twice a day, or once every three days! Suddenly, the screen froze and the mouse pointer, and if you're watching a video or listening to an audio clip, buzzing sound annoying!

Need help!

HP Recommended

I'm still waiting Support..

HP Recommended

Hi @tamerimran ,

Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that you are also experiencing a lock up for slow performance.  You updated to Windows 8 Pro as you thought it may be a driver issue, but it did not resolve the issue.

Have you checked for Malware or viruses?

Have you ran  The HP Support Assistant to help resolve issues and update HP drivers?

Here is a link to Lockups / Performance issues to assist you.

Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 😎 may also aid  with this difficulty.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought an HP 15-F004DX notebook today.  I went to play music from iTunes and at different points during each song I played it would make a buzzing sound.  Then I played a movie and randomly the image would freeze for a second and I'd hear the same buzzing sound.

I just took the laptop out of the box so I know it is not outdated hardware or software.

Please advise on how to fix this issue.  

ehillmer68

HP Recommended

Hi @ehillmer68 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand that this is a brand new unit and when you listen to music or play movies you hear a buzzing noise and the image of a movie would freeze for a second.

Although you notebook is brand new it may require some updates.  HP produces the notebook and there are up to date at that time.   Updates can come at any time however and may have occurred while awaiting a buyer.

I suggest you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you tried using Using automated troubleshooting (Windows 😎.

Here is a link to No Sound from Speakers (Windows 😎 that may also help.

You could also try a Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎. This will reinstall the OS but should not affect  your personal files.

At any time with this being a brand new unit you can contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to quickly locate and resolve issues.

This will also create a record for HP of this and have a record of it.  You also want to know that everything is in good working order.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.