Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP ENVY dv7-7212nr Notebook PC

Operating system
  • Windows 8 64

Processor
  • Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz )

Processor speed
  • 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz

Processor technology
  • Turbo Boost Technology

Graphics
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M switchable (2 GB GDDR5, up to 1.65 GB)

Memory
  • 8 GB DDR3

I'm having trouble getting NVIDIA Graphics card to work. It does not switch from intels inegrated graphics card to nvidiads. Regardles if i go to the NIVIDIA control panel and switching the default OR right clicking it and trying to run it on high perfomance NVIDIA processor. I have the lastest drive for my NIVIDIA graphics card i can't seem to make it work at all. 

one thing that caught my attention is that when i enable "Display GPU activity icon in notification area" in nvidia's control panel it seemed that the only program that was running it was NORTON INTERNET SECURITY. Is this even possible? 

I need help with this, is been a 2 weeks trying to figure out why my games are being played in such horrible, horrible performance when i realize that the inegrated graphics card was the one working and not the nvidia. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi!
One solution is to tell your friends to never buy any HP products cause they will gain no support.
Maybe HP money loss will make them answer to customers pleas.
There is  too no bios option in Pavilion G6-2270ew to change GPU card being used. And switchable mechanics doesn`t work. I bought that HP notebook just because nice GPU. No games is being started with dedicated card but Intel integrated one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi!
One solution is to tell your friends to never buy any HP products cause they will gain no support.
Maybe HP money loss will make them answer to customers pleas.
There is  too no bios option in Pavilion G6-2270ew to change GPU card being used. And switchable mechanics doesn`t work. I bought that HP notebook just because nice GPU. No games is being started with dedicated card but Intel integrated one.

HP Recommended

Hmm yea, i see in not the only too,  is funny how all these top rated "kudoed experts" aren't even atempting to answer our question, pathetic. 

HP Recommended

NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology
Automatically transitions between NVIDIA graphics and Intel Integrated Graphics, seamlessly and in the background, to give you great performance and great battery life – whether you’re watching a movie, surfing the web, or playing a 3D game.

If you want to force nVidia graphics on certain applications:

Run the Nvidia Control Panel

Go to Manage 3D settings.

On the Program Settings tab you select the drop down

Select the exact path of the executable file you want the nVidia graphics to boost.

Make sure Nvidia High-Performance Processor card is selected below that.

I used nVidia Inspector monitoring features to prove that my Geforce GT 630m was being used with my games.

HP Recommended

If was as easy as following the directions in the nVidia control panel, then almost nobody would have a problem.

People with this problem TRIED THAT. It doesn't work. It does nothing. NVidia is my default processor AND it is specified for a couple programs. It is never being used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.