Question

Top Student
odin8186
Message 1 of 6 (5,691 Views)

Need Webcam driver for HP-G71 Notebook PC

Hi,

I recently got my laptop on a black friday sale. Its a HP 17.3" G71-329WM Laptop. I believe this model has a built in Webcam device but my laptop seems to have come without drivers or software to support it. I've tried downloading driver for this device but the download section for it seems to be down. I was wondering if there is any other place where I could get the drivers to run my webcam, or some way to have my laptop reconize the built in device?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (5,676 Views)

Re: Need Webcam driver for HP-G71 Notebook PC

Your Specs page doesn't mention a webcam: HERE

Software for webcam is Cyberlink You Cam: HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
odin8186
Message 3 of 6 (5,660 Views)

Descriptions of the laptop I have very depending on where I look. Some places don't list the feature of a webcam, other do. in HP stat list for example, it says I have an integrated mic, but my lap top doesn't while it doesn't list the Webcam feature though I can see the webcam lens above my screen. So i base what i have with what I have listed on my lap top.

And as stated before, the link to the driver doesn't work. I was able to go into the page where the download was, but now that download link is broken. I wanted to know if anyone might have had that download already and be willing to share it.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (5,656 Views)

The link I posted above for You Cam works for me tonight.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
odin8186
Message 5 of 6 (5,650 Views)

Can you then possibly download the file and host it on a file sharing site like MSN's Skydrive, Rapidshare, or something similar?

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (5,641 Views)

The You Cam app is 51mb. I could download it easily enough, but uploading to my Skydrive would take awhile. If all else fails I will do it when I have time.

Have you checked in Device Manager to see if a webcam is listed in the hardware list? Mine is listed under Imaging Devices as HP Webcam.

Open HP Recovery Manager in your Start menu ,choose Advanced and then driver/app install. Is Youcam software listed to install?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation