Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you Paul, I will work on those later today and let you know how I made out.
HP Recommended

Hey Paul.

I just got those drivers installed and everything worked perfect, thanks for your help.

Caspersim

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Much appreciated for your great support, I just bought a HP m6-1218tx and I really need Windows 7 to work with my softwares. I've downloaded the AMD chipset, but I don't know which other model I should use to grab the other drivers like this

Then, all of the rest of the W7 x64 drivers and software from this model should also work on yours.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5286...

Could you please help me, thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your model (m6-1218tx) has an Intel processor and chipset and does not use the AMD chipset driver.

For your model, you use all of the drivers and software from this model at the link below -- including the chipset installation utility.

Because your model has the AMD/Intel switchable graphics, you only install the AMD graphics driver which will install the drivers for both the AMD and Intel GPU's

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

Install these drivers in this order and reboot after each installation:

1. Intel chipset installation utility

2. AMD graphics driver

3. IDT audio

4. Realtek (wired) LAN driver.

And of course my warning applies to your model too...

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your very fast reply. I'll downgrade tonight and hopefully everything will be fine!

HP Recommended
Hi Paul,

I've managed to installed windows 7 with these drivers
Intel chipset
AMD display card
Audio
Wired LAN
Wireless
3d DriveGuard

However I still have some devices not working 😞
Fingerprint (simple pass)
Hot key (mute, volume up down...)
And the laptop runs very slowly :(, especially when I'm copying file the whole laptop hangs

I check the device manager and see these unknown 😞
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_18A5103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_18A5103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31&REV_0004&SID_18A5103C
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31&REV_0004
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31

Please help me to solve those issues so I can use my laptop properly. Thank you so much Paul!
HP Recommended

Hello, I am about to try and upgrade to Windows 7 also on a M6-1211tx and I am wondering how you went.

Did you use the instructions outlined in this thread or do have some other instructions that might help me before I take the leap?

Kindest regards, Slavoj.

HP Recommended

Hey guys, I have an HP Envy M6 1216tx which I got about 2 months ago. I upgraded to win 8.1 and now the system just acts weird. The AMD Catalyst control center has completely stopped working and the PC is lagging a lot.

I want to perform a clean install with Windows 7 x64. I use this PC mainly for work and this lagging is really causing a lot of problems .

Could you please send me the links to drivers for windows 7 here.

Oh and, about a month ago Itried to install win 7 on my own (clean install), but the system was unable to detect the DVD, and I was a bit busy so I postponded the install till later. Would you also be able to help me with the steps to performing a clean install. (I have already created the recovery disks)

Best Regards

Mohnish Sapra

P.S. Would the beats audio still work after de-installing to Win 7?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.