Need to Reset, Reboot, Restore Hp Compaq 2710p. Please Help (1729 Views)
Honor Student
KWS90
Message 1 of 4 (1,729 Views)

Need to Reset, Reboot, Restore Hp Compaq 2710p. Please Help

My Hp Compaq 2710p has been corrupted by a fake Antivirus software, the software has been removed how ever it has left my laptop in a messy state, its almost as if everything has moved locations, nothing can be accessed directly, and a lot cannot be accessed at all.

Im willing to restore the computer to its original state, i just cant seem to do it. If anyone has any help I would appreciate it.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 4 (1,707 Views)

Re: Need to Reset, Reboot, Restore Hp Compaq 2710p. Please Help

There are several recovery methods used by HP for XP over the years, see this page to find the correct method for your year model

Here are some specific guides for malware removal , some of them have methods to recovery missing items after the malware is removed, if you know the name of the fake AV malware, find it in the list, see if there are any extra instructions after removal.

Honor Student
KWS90
Message 3 of 4 (1,703 Views)

I had read through those pages before, but you see what ever has happened to the laptop, it will not execute anything, there are pop up windows for most things I try to access, for example, system restore, control panel and many others all saying that it can not be executed.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 4 (1,686 Views)

Which OS?

We can fix that exe problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation