07-14-2011 10:45 AM
My Hp Compaq 2710p has been corrupted by a fake Antivirus software, the software has been removed how ever it has left my laptop in a messy state, its almost as if everything has moved locations, nothing can be accessed directly, and a lot cannot be accessed at all.
Im willing to restore the computer to its original state, i just cant seem to do it. If anyone has any help I would appreciate it.
07-14-2011 10:51 AM
There are several recovery methods used by HP for XP over the years, see this page to find the correct method for your year model
Here are some specific guides for malware removal , some of them have methods to recovery missing items after the malware is removed, if you know the name of the fake AV malware, find it in the list, see if there are any extra instructions after removal.
07-14-2011 10:58 AM
I had read through those pages before, but you see what ever has happened to the laptop, it will not execute anything, there are pop up windows for most things I try to access, for example, system restore, control panel and many others all saying that it can not be executed.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)