Question

Honor Student
SoClose
Message 1 of 6 (124 Views)

Need to to find out product key after 2yrs

Hi,

I have my laptop for a little over 2years. I'm having a problem restoring my laptop to factory default. then i did a harddrive test and it was a failed! So therefore i am thinking of purchasing a new harddrive. I also think i need the product key inorder to restore the os onto the new harddrive.

So I anyone can help or suggest anything that i can do please do so.

I honestly dont want to buy a new laptop!

Thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (110 Views)

Re: Need to to find out product key after 2yrs

Your Windows 7 license key is on a lable attached to bottom of laptop. Some models have the lable inside the hard drive compartment.

If you will be using HP Recovery Discs to reinstall Windows on the new hdd you won't even need the license key.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Teacher
Adarsh_Johny
Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)

For finding Product key youcan use this software..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9evnv2ot6tcw4cs/Product%20key%20finder.zip

Just download it-->extract it to a folder-->run the product key finder.exe

you will get your product key.

Please click on the WHITE KUDOS STAR at the left of this page as sign of thanks giving.

Please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION is you get your product key.

Honor Student
SoClose
Message 4 of 6 (65 Views)

So I bought new harddrive and use the cd. It show me the same error as before error code 0xc00013. I dont know what else to do.....
Honor Student
SoClose
Message 5 of 6 (61 Views)

Sorry I meant the error code is 0xe0f00013 cannt restore the factory image. So is it thedisc that is not working?
Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have you run the hdd test on the new hdd? It is not unheard of to receive a faulty one- or worst case scenario- it could be the hdd controller of motherboard.

If the hdd passes testing I would try prepping with Cyberlink Utility cd . Download and Save the file. Once download is complete, put a blank cd in your drive and click the file to create a boot cd. Boot with this cd and wait until you get a green check mark indicating hdd is ready. Remove the cd , insert first Recovery Disk and restart the laptop.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32372/pv-80183-1/sp44645.exe

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation