Question

Top Student
spdorsey
Message 1 of 3 (7,546 Views)

Need to uninstall HP 3D Drive Guard and HP Wireless Assistant on a VM

Hello

This is a bit of a non-standard question, but here it goes. . .

Our office issued us HP 6910p laptops. They're OK I guess.

I imaged my hard drive and transferred it to my Mac Pro as a virtual machine using VMware Fusion. It boots and operates wonderfully. We made a name for it on the network, and it is a full machine member, it's fantastic.

But the HP software for the laptop wireless card and the "drive guard" are still installed. I went to "Add or Remove Programs"  and tried to uninstall them, and when I do, I get an error:

"This software is not supported on this system". 

Well, duh.

I need to find out how to uninstall these apps. They throw error dialogs every time I start up, and I'm sure they bog down my system to some extent. 

It appears that the apps check the system to see what kind of system it is upon install (probably a good idea), and they throw the error if the system does not match. It also appears that they do this upon uninstall (who can imagine why. . .) and that's why I get the error.

Any ideas here?

Thanks,

-----------------S

Tutor
SpawnyWhippet
Message 2 of 3 (6,423 Views)

Re: Need to uninstall HP 3D Drive Guard and HP Wireless Assistant on a VM

I have the exact same issue, has anyone discovered a solution?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 3 of 3 (6,413 Views)

Re: Need to uninstall HP 3D Drive Guard and HP Wireless Assistant on a VM

Download a trial of REVO Uninstaller and use the forced uninstall option. If you don't know where the files are on the hard drive then it asks you to type in the exact name of the program. Revo also has the option to save what you are deleting so you can restore the registry in case you delete the wrong ones.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

I could tell you where the Drive Guard and HP Wireless Assistant is on the hard drive if it was an HP laptop, but I have no experience with Apple computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation