Needing help with Windows 8 boot problem (86 Views)
Honor Student
xBaldwin
Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)

Needing help with Windows 8 boot problem

Hi I own a HP Pavilion g7-2269wm and currently my problem is that I am needing to completely re-format my hard drive due to my room mate installing Ubuntu on here and creating partitions (now it shows 18 partitions).  Now I am givin the option to boot windows 8 but when I select that it only opens the windows bootloader which tells me I need a windows 8 disc to boot it.  I can see that Windows 8 is partitioned on sda3 and I can access all the files but I can't boot it,  so Im stuck with Ubuntu right now and I am trying to get my windows 8 back.  Is there any way to get this done? Oh and Im not sure if the product key will be intact after I re-format and if it isn't what do I do about getting a Windows 8 iso to reinstall with?

Not going to stop until the problem is solved!!
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Needing help with Windows 8 boot problem

Hi,

Here are two options available.

1.  You can order a replacement set of Recovery Media using the link below - this will reinstall the original operating system, all required drivers and nearly all of the original software ( the exception often being trials of MS Office ).  They will also re-create all the original partitions, including the Recovery Partition.

Order HP Recovery Discs.

2.  Download the Windows 8 Image file on the following link - note that this Image file is subject to a download cap, so you may need to try over a period of a few hours before the download starts successfully.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0W9PBigPy94aVJWSndyTFNFMzg/edit?pli=1

If you need a utility to create a bootable Flash Drive for this Image, try the free application below.

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

The product key for Windows 8 is encrypted in your bios chip and will be automatically read during installation.

Additional software and drivers you may require can be found by entering either your full Model No. or Product No. Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
xBaldwin
Message 3 of 3 (37 Views)

Re: Needing help with Windows 8 boot problem

Will the new Windows image file I download work with my Product Key?

Not going to stop until the problem is solved!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation