Question

Honor Student
Sepas1991
Message 1 of 7 (1,180 Views)
Accepted Solution

Netbook, HP Mini 210-3000ew vs Windows 8, NEED HELP

Hi,

I have a couple of questions. At the beginning sorry for my English, i know it's horrible ;D.

1. I want to install windows 8 on my netbook Hp Mini 210-3000ew. For some application on that OS i need to have screen resolution 1024x768, while my normally screen resolution is 1024x600 (recommended by the manufacturer). I can go to regedit and change the value "Display1_DownScalingSupported" to 1, so i will be able to adjust my screen resolution to 1024x768, but I am not sure if this operation won't spoil/break my screen/matrix. Are there any chances that my screen/matrix can break down because of this operation? Or maybe that after some period of time using higher than recommended resolution I will get some dead pixels or something like that? Will windows 8 after changing to this resolution be ok? And can I install it with screen resolution 1024x600 or will the installer be out of screen range?

2. I was searching at website for drivers for windows 8 for Hp Mini 210-3000ew but I have only found drivers for windows 7. Are they compatible with windows 8? Or i don't need to install any drivers for my netbook at windows 8 at all?

I will be glad for any help. Thanks in advice.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (1,175 Views)

Re: Netbook, HP Mini 210-3000ew vs Windows 8, NEED HELP

Hi,

I think a number of dots is a number of dots. You can change using Regedit but you may get to nowhere

(a) The change may not work at all, not all screens accept this change.

(b) The change may work but unstable.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Sepas1991
Message 3 of 7 (1,171 Views)

Ok, i think it should work because I've seen some tutorials in which people can just scroll down and up the screen when it is on 1024x768 resolution. But can this be harmful for matrix? Cause it just look like zoom up.

Can anyone say something about drivers?

Maybe some of you have Hp mini 210 and are using windows 8?

Honor Student
Sepas1991
Message 4 of 7 (1,123 Views)

hello? Is any body out there? Really no one knows answers for my questions? ;(
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 7 (1,092 Views)

Did you purchase your notebook before or after October 1, 2011? If you purchased it prior to this date HP will not be producing drivers for the notebook, but the hardware manufacturer may. Basically HP will not be able to guarantee the product will ever function properly when using Windows 8. If the product was purchased after that date you'll just need to watch the product's software and driver page for the drivers to be released.

Here is more information about the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Sepas1991
Message 6 of 7 (1,086 Views)

Ok thanks.

I have one last questions: I have installed windows 7 starter, i know there is a recovery mode but I would prefer to delete all (partitions) and install new win 7 starter + create partitions by my own. Can you tell me if I can find somewhere on hp website windows 7 starter for my computer? Or maybe somewhere else?
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 7 (1,077 Views)

As far as I know Windows 7 Starter is an OEM product only and the only source is from the vendor. Microsoft does not have a link to download the image.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation