11-29-2012 03:49 AM
I have a couple of questions. At the beginning sorry for my English, i know it's horrible ;D.
1. I want to install windows 8 on my netbook Hp Mini 210-3000ew. For some application on that OS i need to have screen resolution 1024x768, while my normally screen resolution is 1024x600 (recommended by the manufacturer). I can go to regedit and change the value "Display1_DownScalingSupported" to 1, so i will be able to adjust my screen resolution to 1024x768, but I am not sure if this operation won't spoil/break my screen/matrix. Are there any chances that my screen/matrix can break down because of this operation? Or maybe that after some period of time using higher than recommended resolution I will get some dead pixels or something like that? Will windows 8 after changing to this resolution be ok? And can I install it with screen resolution 1024x600 or will the installer be out of screen range?
2. I was searching at website for drivers for windows 8 for Hp Mini 210-3000ew but I have only found drivers for windows 7. Are they compatible with windows 8? Or i don't need to install any drivers for my netbook at windows 8 at all?
I will be glad for any help. Thanks in advice.
Solved! View Solution.
Netbook, HP Mini 210-3000ew vs Windows 8, NEED HELP
12-04-2012 12:39 PM
11-29-2012 03:56 AM
I think a number of dots is a number of dots. You can change using Regedit but you may get to nowhere
(a) The change may not work at all, not all screens accept this change.
(b) The change may work but unstable.
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
11-29-2012 04:03 AM
Ok, i think it should work because I've seen some tutorials in which people can just scroll down and up the screen when it is on 1024x768 resolution. But can this be harmful for matrix? Cause it just look like zoom up.
Can anyone say something about drivers?
Maybe some of you have Hp mini 210 and are using windows 8?
12-03-2012 05:37 PM
Here is more information about the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8
12-04-2012 01:23 AM
I have one last questions: I have installed windows 7 starter, i know there is a recovery mode but I would prefer to delete all (partitions) and install new win 7 starter + create partitions by my own. Can you tell me if I can find somewhere on hp website windows 7 starter for my computer? Or maybe somewhere else?
12-04-2012 12:39 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)