Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have a CQ61-340EV (windows 7, 64-bit). I recently had to get my laptop fixed for some virus....apparently, the HP guy either formatted the laptop or something (sorry im bad at the lingo)..

anyhow, i was trying to add a bluetooth device but which installing the software/drivers, it shows an error for the 'Bluetooth peripheral driver missing'

I read some of your comments and responses, so got the hardware ids:

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D&REV_0165
USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D

Could you please, please tell me how to go about it? My cardreader wont work either, despite having installed the driver..?

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are a couple things I would do first:

1.  Install the chipset driver for your notebook here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

2. Install the Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Microsoft Windows 7

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Did you install this driver for the card reader?

Paul

HP Recommended

Vidya I would love your support on this issue. I have been scanning forums everywhere to try and find a solution and so far no luck. I have a HP DV6-2120tx running Windows 7 32bit. I had no problem with bluetooth when I first started up my computer. Now its not recognising any of my bluetooth devices. This is really frustrating as Im trying to use it for my students (im a teacher). As far as I know i am running standard windows bluetooth stack. I have tried the following;

Set bluetooth service and bluetooth support services to automatic in "services"

Searched for and updated to the latest bluetooth drivers

I am really stumped here. You seem like you know what you are talking about so I am requesting your help please. I gather from my forum travels that this is a common problem in Windows 7.

Below is a Print Screen from my device manager.

file:///C:/Users/Paul/Pictures/PrintScreen.jpg  PrintScreen.jpg

Thanks in advance

Paul

HP Recommended

thanks. Helped me too. Only installed bt driver and it worked:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I have identified my BT as

USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D&REV_0100

Can you assist me with the correct driver to use in Win7, please?

HP Recommended

Any one of the following drivers would help you:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48831.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48538.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45078.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46063.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Installed first two listed, but still getting an error, Bluetooth Control failed to initialize, restart computer/device and try again.

Thanks for any assistance you can lend

HP Recommended

Hi iv got win 7 64 bit installed on a Hp nw8440 laptop and for some reason my BT don't working

i followed all suggestions above  but nothing solved the problem.

devices are installed OK (currently SP49153 installed)

BT seems to works but

no devices can connect to my PC or my PC cant detect any other BT devices

i would appreciate some help as i m trying to solve this for days!!

Thanks in Advance

Andy

HP Recommended

This also worked with a x16 1260ED (64bit Windows 7) with a Jabra Halo headset. (I'm refering to the first set of drivers posted in the thead by the way - Vidya's 12-11-2009 5:37 post). A star from me.

HP Recommended

hei i have also a prob to my bluetooth after i reformated my pavilion dv2-1201au  .. and install  all the drivers  i download  for win7 64bit still it says no device detected

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.