07-22-2011 03:33 PM
two days after purchasing HP Pavilion g6 notebook the screen has red dots and swirls. I have updated bios, graphics and other drivers but there is no change. also the screen makes a crackling static noise. Brought back to Home Depot and they were very rude and wouldn't help since we didnt buy warranty any suggestions?
07-22-2011 04:10 PM
Don't worry since it is a new system, you would still be under the factory warrenty.
Can you try going to the BIOS by taping F10, check if the problem is seen there.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)