Question

Honor Student
AjayKumarSingh
Message 1 of 6 (52,883 Views)

No Bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key

Initially i had a partition(logical) in ext3 format which i was using for a linux install

then when i didnt require that linux i used to use windows (installed in other partition) where i couldn't see that partition

after many days so as to be able to use that partition i changed the fs type of that partition to NTFS really cant remember which application it was it was a command line interface application

and on reboot it gave me the below error

No Bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key

- First of all I have no recovery disk :smileysad:

- I have checked my boot order and it seems perfect coz Notebook Harddrive is ther ein the boot order

- Somehow seems like in the proces of conversion of file type since it was a logical partition it has modified the boot capabilities of that hard disk

- also my Laptop is out of warranty :smileysad:

Pease help me in this regards

Tanks in advance...

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 6 (52,879 Views)

Re: No Bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key

Hi 

Please find the link givenbelow might help you to resolve your issue.

Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
AjayKumarSingh
Message 3 of 6 (52,877 Views)

the hard disk test were fine also the sytem memory test was both sucessful without errors and i don't see a point in removing the hard disk coz as informed it was working fine

as said earlier only after i changed the Filesystem of a logical partition from ext3 to NTFS and then i restarted then i got this issue.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 6 (52,866 Views)

Hi

This case you need to reinstall the operating system back on the unit. Incase you dont have the disc please contact HP Technical support and order the disc or click on the link given below to order the part.

Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
austinrowland77
Message 5 of 6 (46,051 Views)

any from HP please help me i was editing a video on my Hp Laptop Pavilon G6 and my c Laptop froze so i turned it off then i turned it back on. After that it kept on frezzing at the point wyhere it says starting windows i tuned it off and it still keeps freezing when iturned it back on. So i did a Hp system recovery of my Laptop from the f buttons on the top of my Laptop. So what happened was my Hp system recovery kept on faling again and again. Then i left my Hp Laptop alone for a month. So i decided to get back on and do another system recovery but it passed and i typed and filled in my information so i got on the internet and dowloaded Real Player and iTunes. but my Laptop froze again after that i had to do another system recovery and it passed. My Laptop told me to do 40 some updates then i did them and it froze up again. So it kept on and on and ihad to keep on doing HP recoverys. Then after the last Hp recovery i could do before it couldnt start up.i did the HP recovery and it failed and said No Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key. Now it keeps on saying that when it starts up and whenever i try to do a Hp system recovery it say 0% and it gets an error please someone Help. thanks Hp.

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (46,034 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sounds like your hard drive has failed. Replace it with similiar size hdd and boot with the Recovery Disks to install Windows.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation