Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Finally and sure i think i solved it

just use hiren bootcd v14(any version)<boot from it >

dos programs

next

mbr(master boot record tools)

then use mbr work

1- reset mbr (recommended)

2-

write 5  (to install standard mbr code)

3-

and choose windows 7 code by pressing 2

4-

press 6 (set a partition active ) and choose (0) to choose you primary partition as active

5-

press E to exit

press m to get menu  then choose smart fdisk and repartition you HDD  as you like

<remember to make partition c your primary partition active partition>

just reboot

then you will find a message (missing operating system )

then install your windows 7

enjooooooooooooy

regards

HP Recommended

So I have had this same problem a few times with my HP G72 laptop, which I purchased about a year and a half ago and have used it and traveled with it heavily, and not always in particularly friendly environments (oil fields). However, I have not replaced the hard drive and do not intend to do so. I simply manually powered off the computer, then powered it back on. While it was coming on, I pressed F8 and was able to start the computer in safe mode. Once it booted in safe mode, then I was able to restart the computer and it then booted normally. This happened to me the first time a few weeks back, then no problem again until today, but the same procedure got me back up and running - I'm using this machine right now to post this message. The only thing I can figure is that it seems that it may have been getting hot when this happened both times.

Hope this helps. I'm no "expert".

HP Recommended

same problem g62-225dx notebook

HP Recommended

ok this was also for me  "No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key" after trying to convert dynamic to basic volume.

I was unable to boot in windows 7 so i boot from a usb with a linux distro.

I noticed that my disk was unallocated and i thought that all my data lost!

How did i solve it :

After googling i found this excellent program: "TestDisk".

I installed it in my linux distro that i had boot it from usb and i managed to recover [SYSTEM] part, after following the steps that are described here: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step .

After rebooting i was able to boot in windows without data loss!!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem under warranty. HP sent me a new HDD which I installed I could not get the recovery disks to boot the machine, I began to think there was a SATA controller issue on the MB. I used Hirens disk to boot into the the system (I used the MBR repairs option but it did not work. I finally managed to run the recovery disks but to no avail I still got the No bootable device message. In the end after a load of messing about I borrowed a Win7 OS CD and ran the repair option which identified and repaired the problem (it did not identify what was wrong). How on earth could an average user sort this problem by HP simply sending a replacement HDD? There appears to be no easy way to do this

HP Recommended

I shut- down my computer. The next day once I turn It on I get " insert bootable device - insert boot disk -press any key " but my PC never came with any dsk & I need help , I dont know what to do . Ihave many important media i ant afford to loose.

HP Recommended

If it is a laptop remove and reseat the HDD first - if same message it is likely it has failed. If there is important stuff on it, get a external HDD case which will allow you to connect it via a USB cable to another computer and see if you can read the drive. If not I'm afraid you have lost it. Can't reiterated enough that you should back up your files in case of this sort of event. It's not like USB pen drives/external HDD or CD writers are expensive now. Good luck

HP Recommended
Apparently my HDD was loose also. I removed the L-shaped panel and re-installed my HDD. Now everything's working again. Thank you, thank you for your post. It has been a very stressful day because if this issue.
HP Recommended

I have been through all of these posts and cannot find a specific answer, and I am not a computer 'geek'.

The hard drive in my daughter's HP Pavilion dv7 lap top took a complete dump last week.  I removed it and went on line and purchased a factory sealed new one, exactly the same (Toshiba MK-5056GSY, 7200 RPM, 2.5") and I installed it this a.m. (really easy to do) however, upon startup I got this same message, No bootable device insert boot disc.......  I tried the ctl alt delete and it will not boot.  As I recall, I did not get any operating discs with this PC which I purchased about 18 months ago.

I was under the impression, that all I had to do was install this new HD and then, using transfer cables, transfer the lost data to the lap top from my desk top PC, both are Windows 7 units.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

OK, I just solved this myself........I did a little more research on this site and found that if you 'replace' the hard drive, you must use a recovery disk to solve the problem, as most replacement HD's are empty.

I tried to order on line, but that portion of the wesite is not now active.  I called HP service, replacement parts, and got a very helpful customer service guy (here in the US) and with product number and serial number, I ordered a recovery disc and with overnight air delivery, it was only $28.90 total.  I am now a happy camper!!

HP Recommended

You may not be out of the woods yet, I could not boot from the recovery discs at first. I had to get an Win7 operating system disk and run repair before the recovery disk would work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.