Question

Student
srinivas_687
Message 1 of 3 (2,005 Views)

Not able to run HP recovery disk..

Hi

I am using "HP Pavilion dv6000t CTO NB" with OS "Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)" . I have re-partitioned the Hard disk and deleted the recovery disk after creating  recovery disks from recovery manager. now my problem is that i am not able to run the recovery disk(DVD) which are created. changed boot order to DVD drive but still not able to read the DVD disk. but when I checked with  DVD opening from other computers i am able to see the folders. Please guide me how to get my notebook to factory condition..

Thanks,

Srinivas

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (1,977 Views)

Re: Not able to run HP recovery disk..

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First of all, tap away at f10 as you start your PC to enter your system bios.  Make sure your optical drive is set as the first bootable device and save any changes if you have to change the order to make it the first.

Before starting the procedure below make sure to backup all your Files, Folders etc.

Download and install Killdisk on the link below.

http://software.lsoft.net/KillDiskSuiteFree-Setup.exe

Download and install ImgBurn on the link below.

http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html

Go to the Kill Disk application you have installed in All Programs, open the main folder, then select Bootable Disk creators and from that select Bootable DOS CD Creator which will burn the bootable ISO to a blank CD.

During the next process do not worry about any warnings as your Recovery DVDs will reformat the HDD.

Insert this CD in to your PC that is unable to load Vista properly. Shut the PC down, then start it again to boot from the Killdisk CD and follow the on screen instructions for Kill Disk.

A brief description of the process is here Killdisk.

Use this to wipe the whole of the Hard Drive ( f10 ) - ( make sure you include all partitions and then start the process - this may take a couple of hours! ).  When the process is complete, remove the disk, insert the your first Recovery Disk and reboot your PC to start installing Vista.  Be aware that as well as installing Vista, you will also reinstall the Recovery Partition.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 3 (1,953 Views)

Re: Not able to run HP recovery disk..

Tapping F9 at the HP splash screen during boot up will get you a boot device menu, select CDROM as your boot device. See if Recovery manager will start now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation