08-04-2014 11:48 AM
I have a Pavilion that I think comes from the n-series and it is displaying a DST failure help?
That would indicate hard drive Short or Long DST fail?
Is there 24-character failure ID shown, if so, replacement is the ideal way out.
Contact HP for replacement if you're under warranty, they'll do it for you free
Back-up all your personal data to an external drive if you can.
If you dont have Recovery discs, you have to order them by contacting HP , they'll send it for you.
If you want to get details about HDD replacement suitable for your system:
"There are NO dumb questions, just the people who DO NOT ask them"
**I'm a Volunteer, I do not work for HP**
++Please click KUDOS / THUMBS UP icon to say Thank you!
++Please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION icon to help others, find this solution faster
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)