Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi to everyone, I'm italian and i don't speek english.

I've an HP Pavilion g6-2324sl with windows 8. This morning I turn on my pc and my keyboard don't work. I'm already using the virtual keyboard preinsralled on this pc and I search the solution on the HP's website but I haven't find any help or original driver. I've already re configured my pc and I've already unistall the keyboard and rebooted the pc. On the property of the keyboard, the pc say: "The specified device is not present or is not working properly or you have not installed all the drivers. (Code 24)" but I've already do the update to the keyboard's driver. I'm crazy for this problem.

I hope anyone can help me. Thanks to everybody.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Turn off the notebook by holding down the Shift key as you click on Shut down, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Has this made any difference?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Turn off the notebook by holding down the Shift key as you click on Shut down, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Has this made any difference?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Yes... The difference is: I'm cry now, my keybord is work and i write to you with it. Thank you a lot, this is the solution and +1 Kudos for you, you're the best.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

halp me now

HP Recommended

After many hours, this worked! Thank you from the bottom of my tired and stressed heart!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the same.

Your solution really helped me for something I have been stuck for long.

One more problem. Whenever I tap any of the function keys, the keyboard becomes locked again. With function keys I mean the f1, f2.... , etc, which is coupled with the brightness, setting the monitor width etc, keys. (my laptop has the keys set like so)

However I notice that the above keys are enabled even when the other keys in the keyboard are blocked.

Is this how the keyboard has been set by HP and I am missing something?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion g6-2149sf Notebook PC from year 2012.

I updated yesterday from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I got this nightmare of keyboard no more working !

In the device manager :

"clavier standard PS/2 "!"

Ce périphérique n’est pas présent, ne fonctionne pas correctement ou tous ses pilotes ne sont pas installés. (Code 24)"

In the events:

"Impossible d'effectuer la migration du périphérique ACPI\PNP0303\4&28bea90d&0
Journal: Microsoft-Kernel-PnP/Configuration du périphérique
Source: Kernel-PnP"

The Microsoft driver update and the HP Support assistant tool provided no help.

I applied your magic method of resetting the bios setup after removing the battery, and now my keyboard is OK !

Thanks a lot for this precious help ! I was considering turning back to windows 7 !

HP Recommended

@SeniorGeek

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
OK so I have an hp pavilion dv6-6c that I received from my mother that's she's had for at least 3 years... now upon receiving I couldn't log in partially to the keyboard not working properly and the other because the passwords were incorrect. .. now I have completely reset the laptop back to factory but the keyboard still isn't working properly... I have tried the above method but my f10 key does nothing so I haven't been able to reset the bios... what else can I do
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.