Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Upgraded to Windows 10 in late July- (I should have known better than to upgrade since I had a year to do it). --now laptop won't wake from sleep withoout a hard button shutdown and reboot.

Have followed the instructions on HP website about enabling keyboard, allowing to wake from sleep, updating bios and allowing automatic updates for windows and HP.

Please help, this is crazy rebooting my laptop everytime I walk away from it for awhile.

Product number:G6T85UA#ABA
BIOS:F.26-01/19/2015
Keyboard revision:89.23
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check out this post and see if it applies/helps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below for sleep mode issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Please read sentence #2 in my original post

HP Recommended

Please right click on the battery symbol and click on advanced power and sleep settings .

When the window opens, just scroll down and clik on advanced power settings. Click on the change plan settings.  Change the sleep settings there.

HP Recommended

probably you would have to reset the PC by keeping your files.

You can try that by pressing W+I and click on update and security and clcik on recovery.

PS: You would lose only the applications but no data wouldbe lost.

Thanks,

GURU

HP Recommended

Yes, I could change when it goes to sleep (which I have already made longer), still not sure that will change not being able to wake it up from sleep

HP Recommended

ave you already updated the graphics drivers from Intel website?

If not, you can download from the following link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25274/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Drive...

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Check out this post and see if it applies/helps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

panem,

Followed that link and downloaded driver, install failed because "not certified for my system"- followed Intel's guideme process and it directed me to download 4 pieces of software, 3 of them failed, but I think an update to the graphics card installed- going to test sleep now.  (And I double-checked before downloading, running 64-bit, not 32-bit like I selected in original post).

HP Recommended

Holly,

I ran HP Support and Intel Driver update utility multiple times, finally will wake from sleep with power button and keyboard if 1) I tell it to go to sleep from the start menu, 2) Push the power button once or 3) close the lid.  However, now it will not go to sleep on it's own, just turns the monitor off.  Currently have it set when plugged in to go to turn monitor off after 1 min, sleep after 2.  Would kind of like it to go to sleep when I walk away for a while.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.