Question

Student
murmur101
Message 1 of 3 (1,090 Views)

Numlock on t5335z Thin Client RDP connection not working

Hi,

I have a problem with the t5335 thin clients we rolled out today. 

First of all it was reported that the minus-key on the keypad was not working when working in excel (all other keys of the keypad work). I tracked down the problem to the numlock not being active for the session and got the information that the RDP-connection has to be established using the -N option. 

however - I cannot define any RDP-options in the GUI. Also pressing the numlock-key does not help.

The problem could be reproduced with any thin connected to our Windows2003 Terminal server. Just open a new excel sheet, click on a cell and type "-". you will see nothing happens. It does work with +*/ etc.

Thank you

Student
seeITnow
Message 2 of 3 (1,034 Views)

Re: Numlock on t5335z Thin Client RDP connection not working

We have the same Problem. And additional if we type in numbers at the numblock, it can be that not the number is sent but the arrow key. Like Numlock is off, for one Key.

Student
murmur102
Message 3 of 3 (1,028 Views)

Re: Numlock on t5335z Thin Client RDP connection not working

Hi,

in addition to the problem above I got some more information:

Using the t5325z with Swiss-German Layout everything went smooth

Using the t5335 with the attached config everything goes haywire

We kept on testing and also the upper-case umlauts do not work.  Also - BEFORE connecting to the RDP-session, typing the characters in the login-mask works. It has to be the keyboard layout which is used for RDP-connections not being the proper one. 

Is this forum being monitored by HP staff? I will have to downgrade all the clients we solled out if I can't find a solution soon

Config

icaclient-term: 11.119.179054-3

T5335z Thin Clients:
Platform: t5335z
OS Kernel: 2.6.32.9-dove-5.3.6-1-arnel
OS Build: Z5D40017
Hptc rdesktop: 1.6.0-1.36.1
pptc view-client: 4.6.0-1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation