Nvidia GPU Class-Action Settlement Offers Repairs, New Laptops (9579 Views)
Honor Student
orwell2010
Message 1 of 26 (9,579 Views)

Nvidia GPU Class-Action Settlement Offers Repairs, New Laptops

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 26 (9,568 Views)

Re: Nvidia GPU Class-Action Settlement Offers Repairs, New Laptops

I would suggest directing all related post to this  thread Questions regarding the proposed NVIDIA GPU settlement

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
mertes6184
Message 3 of 26 (8,456 Views)

Wow, finally some progress on this issue...and yet my dv9500 is still not covered. Way to go hp! Ignore/deny the issue for years, then when Nvidia has to take the fall for an issue primarily caused by poor internal laptop design, not all the affected models are covered!

I work in an environment where I support over 2000 hp systems, but I doubt I will ever buy one for myself again!

Honor Student
mertes6184
Message 4 of 26 (8,455 Views)

Especially considering that the offered replacement for the affected systems is a low end, clunky laptop. Far from comparable replacement value being provided.

Honor Student
riley_dunn
Message 5 of 26 (8,398 Views)

The settlement doesn't cover the Pavilion dv2700, although this model clearly has the same issue that all the others had

Top Student
dfoi
Message 6 of 26 (7,217 Views)

I have the dv9000, and they don't even want to admit my particular model has the same exact problem.

It seems that many of the 9000 made between May2006 thru 2008 had the nvidia failure, but somehow my model didn't have that chip. Had the same disaster happened, cost a good penny to repair and hopefully prevent it from happening again but it wasn't their fault.   HP, NIVIDIA, don't know anything about it.

I know exactly how you feel.

Top Student
dfoi
Message 7 of 26 (7,217 Views)

Re: Nvidia GPU Class-Action Settlement Offers Repairs

I have the dv9000, and they don't even want to admit my particular model has the same exact problem.

It seems that many of the 9000 made between May2006 thru 2008 had the nvidia failure, but somehow my model didn't have that chip. Had the same disaster happened, cost a good penny to repair and hopefully prevent it from happening again but it wasn't their fault.   HP, NIVIDIA, don't know anything about it.

I know exactly how you feel.

Honor Student
junkdaddy
Message 8 of 26 (6,778 Views)

In case you haven't noticed but the court has awarded a very basic and inferior replacement for your "defective" computer.  This offer is a travesty!

Intern
FLIER
Message 9 of 26 (6,769 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just received a copy of the settlement a few days ago. Upon sitting down to find what I needed to do to submit my claim I found that  my dv9500 was not included. I find that strange as the chip set identified as the faulty one in what is in my computer, verified by my initial contact with service while trying to get the HP special extended warranty. 

After the being told that HP would not stand behind the faulty chip set and cover my computer under the extended offer, I contacted my credit card company to get coverage under the extended warranty they offered. After supplying all the information my card company, MC, said they needed a written estimate. HP offered me repair for $200 via email, but they refused (Executive Case Manager, Carrie Lynn-877-017-4380) to send me a written and signed letter stating that limit for me to supply to my card company. My Master Card company would not stand behind their extended warranty without that signed estimate.

This settlement was my last hope.

Intern
FLIER
Message 10 of 26 (6,764 Views)

Re: Nvidia GPU Class-Action Settlement Offers Repairs

[ Edited ]

dfoi,

According to the hard copy of the settlement I have in my hand, the HP Pavilion 90XX are covered in the settlement. You can call 877-440-7557 to talk to a real person who will verify that your unit is on the list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation