Re: Obtain recovery media for my computer (70 Views)
Honor Student
kincardine
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)

Obtain recovery media for my computer

[ Edited ]

My computer is a HP g60-443cl and the serial no. is{Personal Information Removed}. It was bought with windows 7 installed. I installed windows 8 and than windows 8.1. I brought the computer to Best Buy to remove a virus . Best Buy phoned today and said the hard drive is defective and asked me for recovery media. I am away from home and unable to provide the recovery disks Is there any way I can provide Best Buy with the information they require.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (101 Views)

Re: Obtain recovery media for my computer

Hi:

According to the specs for your notebook, it came with Windows Vista. 

HP does not have recovery disks for Windows 7 for your model.

You can order a set of Windows Vista recovery disks for your g60-443cl, by clicking on the link below and then clicking on the link labeled Order Recovery Media.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3994...

Honor Student
kincardine
Message 3 of 5 (86 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.  I have never owned vista software.  I bought the computer in Canada and am quite sure it was windows 7.  Does it matter?  The Hard drive will have to be replaced.  The operating system on it now is windows  8.1  Could I just use the Vista recovery disks? 

Honor Student
kincardine
Message 4 of 5 (82 Views)

Hi

i cliked on your url. In the drop down you will see the windows 7  64 version.

Thanks again for your help.

kincardine

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)

You're very welcome.

Yes, I see that there are drivers for W7 x64, but I do not see a link to order recovery media for W7 x64 like I do for Vista x64.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation