Question

Student
Debbie74
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

PC problems

Hi wipe the whole PC last nite still running hasn't cleared??? Wiped the PC to sell it
HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: PC problems

Hi Debbie74,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you want to wipe the hard drive so you can sell the notebook. First please stop the existing process.  If you are unable to cancel it then just restart the notebook.

I would do a system recovery back to factory, which will delete all you data.  As you did not provide the Operating System you are running, I am provided more then one option. You will need to select the correct one.

Performing a System Recovery (Windows XP)

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista)

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)

Please provide  me any details, if you would like further assistance.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation