01-11-2014 10:50 AM
Hi, I own a new HP Pavilion model no. 500-a60 with Win. 8 and I am sad to say that it randomly shuts down without warning and no notification of what it is doing, like if I were to just press the power button. Can anyone help me with this? I know it isn't overheating sooo...
01-22-2014 12:14 PM
Hi Trenzalore, welcome to the HP Forums. Random shut downs without warning, are usually caused by overheating or power related issues. Can you run a timer to see if the times are approximately the same when the computer turns off? Do all of the lights turn off as well when it shuts down?
Review this article and let me know if you make any progress: Fixing Random PC Shutdown or Restart Errors
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
04-02-2014 03:57 PM
I have several of this HP model. All are having this shutdown issue. I also noticed that these units don't use standered power supplies but rather exernal power adapters. I think a recall is due.
Whoever else is expirianciing this issue, please post here as ALL of those untis that we owen (6) are faulty. Winodws reports sudden shutdown on all of them. Most likely a power issuse since if it would be other hardware or software issue Windows would report.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)