Question

Student
Trenzalore
Message 1 of 3 (170 Views)

PC randomly shuts down

Hi, I own a new HP Pavilion model no. 500-a60 with Win. 8 and I am sad to say that it randomly shuts down without warning and no notification of what it is doing, like if I were to just press the power button. Can anyone help me with this? I know it isn't overheating sooo... 

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: PC randomly shuts down

Hi Trenzalore, welcome to the HP Forums. Random shut downs without warning, are usually caused by overheating or power related issues. Can you run a timer to see if the times are approximately the same when the computer turns off? Do all of the lights turn off as well when it shuts down?

Review this article and let me know if you make any progress: Fixing Random PC Shutdown or Restart Errors

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
Fellow026
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: PC randomly shuts down

I have several of this HP model. All are having this shutdown issue. I also noticed that these units don't use standered power supplies but rather exernal power adapters. I think a recall is due.

Whoever else is expirianciing this issue, please post here as ALL of those untis that we owen (6) are faulty. Winodws reports sudden shutdown on all of them. Most likely a power issuse since if it would be other hardware or software issue Windows would report.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation