Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I just installed windows 7 Enterprise in my Laptop HP G62-134CA,

everything went smooth and the computer looks like working good

When I check the device manager I notice:

PCI Simple Communications Controller

Device type.....Other devices

Manufacture ......Unknown

Location ......PCI bus 0.device 22.function 0

Device Status

Drivers for the device are not installed. (Code 28)

What should I do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tanks in advance.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please download and install Intel Management Engine Interface Driver from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48617.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

312 REPLIES 312
HP Recommended

If you have PCI Simple Communications Control as an unrecognized device in device manager, it indicates that the modem drivers are missing. Your system comes with LSI High-Definition Audio (HDA) Modem for which the Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 can be downloaded from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45229.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Vidya:

Thanks a lot for your pront response.

I download the  sp45229.exe file I reinstalled it again but, I’m very sorry to informe you that, my problem still subsists.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards

David

HP Recommended
  1. Right-click the PCI Simple Communications Controller
  2. Go to Details tab
  3. Select the property as Hardware IDs
  4. Please provide the value present there so that we can identify the correct driver needed for this device.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Vidya:

Here is the information about the PCI Simple Communications Controller:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1425103C&REV_06

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1425103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC­_0780

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards

David

HP Recommended

Please download and install Intel Management Engine Interface Driver from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48617.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Vidya:

Problem solved!

:OpenSmile:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAH!

You fast and good.

Thanks a million.

Best regards

David

HP Recommended

does not respond to dx7300

HP Recommended

Hi Kudos

My apologise I sent the last reply incomplete

I have followed this message as I am trying to solve this problem on a dx7300 are you able to pont me to an update the may apply to this model

Thanks
Outatowner

HP Recommended

@outatowner
Your system comes with LSI (Agere) Systems Soft Modem and the Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) is available as download from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45608.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.