Question

Tutor
platinumsteel
Message 1 of 17 (9,887 Views)

Pavilion Dv7-1170US remote control not working

hi i have just recently bought and installed a copy of windows 7 x64 onto my labtop...I installed all the corresponding drivers applicable for my model and everything works flawlessy excepting for my remote.I am not able to get the remote to function with media center none of the buttons work..When i look into device manager i see an unknown device am not sure if that is associated with the infared device but everything else works fine...I have tried the enc nic reciever driver for windows 7x64 and it doesn't work atold.....I even installed windows 7 x86 and installed the appropiate driver from the hp drivers website for my model and still it didn't work...Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thank you.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 17 (9,879 Views)

Re: Pavilion Dv7-1170US remote control not working

Hi,

A

Unkown device:

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

B

Remote control:

Uninstall old Ene Cir receiver driver.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

If You installed driver through Windows Update:

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

and find there Ene Cir receiver. Click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

Only when You will uninstall previous driver install this from below:

Ene Cir here (ver 2.7.4.0)

Restart Your system.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Tutor
platinumsteel
Message 3 of 17 (9,868 Views)

ok i have done the steps in device manager just as u said..and this is the results.

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Intern
vdl68
Message 4 of 17 (9,863 Views)

That unknown device is HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive, it basicly protect the hd from damage by parking the HD head when it drop or fall to the ground. I came across this same problem and it took me a while to figue this out, after lot of trial and error, and reinstalling Win ...  :smileywink: Here is the driver for your notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76187-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&os=4063&product=3795430

Intern
vdl68
Message 5 of 17 (9,862 Views)

Also, to address your remote problem. I also run Win 7 x64 Ultimate, and found out that some of the key on the remote does not work either, only the volume control and some other work....

I really don't use the remote that much to be that concern about fixing the problem... Hehehe.. :smileywink:

Tutor
platinumsteel
Message 6 of 17 (9,851 Views)

well thanks a lot vdl68 I was able to get the unknown device driver error to disappear...Now i don't have any question marks or unknown errors in device manager..But I tried your steps Daneil..I did the latter 1..The B step...And It installed sucessfully but none of the buttons still don't work on the remote...So seems like i am back to square 1..Only option I have left now is to check wether the battery in the remote is working and not dead...But I think i have given up on this remote....Seems like new drivers have to be made for it..thanks for your help anyway guys..Anymore suggestions or solutions would be also greatly appreciated..thanks for your help again.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 17 (9,816 Views)

[ Edited ]

If You are intrested I may try to solve this problem with remote. I see this problem for the second time on this forum.

On Your model site there is old chipset driver (version 9.0.0.1011 A released on 11-2008) which was given earlier for Vista system. Try to install this one:

Intel chipset here (version 9.1.1.1015 A for Win7 released on 10-2009)

Restart Your system after installtion of this file.

If this will not help You too write which Bios version You've got now.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 11-25-2009 07:48 PM

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Tutor
platinumsteel
Message 8 of 17 (9,825 Views)

still no luck with that new chipset driver......i had already updated the bios first thing before i installed windows 7..the bios version i have is SM bios version 2.4
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 17 (9,809 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall Ene Cir receiver.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager.

There should be now item with yellow sign. Post here hardware id of it.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 11-27-2009 11:20 PM

Tutor
platinumsteel
Message 10 of 17 (9,800 Views)

ok now when i uninstall the enc reciever driver from add/remove programs and i go into device manager i don't see any questions marks or errors or unknown devices.....whats going on...???
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation