Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Pavilion dv2000 - that's the model # stated on the front (even though on the bottom it actually says HP Pavilion dv2500 and service tag says dv2928se - go figure). After upgrading to Win8 I see issues with screen resolution and wireless drivers. I would also like to know if there is any chance to get other NEW drivers for this model.

Any help appreciated.

Regards................... Peter

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

If your system is compatible with Windows 8, most of the drivers would be available through Windows 8. If you need any specific drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
There is no driver for this notebook. Looks like it isn't supported by 8. Also, it looks like this was originally shipped with Vista and I'm sure you upgrade to 8 from that. I wouldn't doubt that's the reason you're having this issue.

Now, you can take the step above on running compatibility mode which I'm not sure how often that works with a unit that was supported by vista.

I would wait to see if HP ends up supporting 8 on this notebook. Personally Idon't think it will be.

THX 🙂

HP Recommended

The only one marked with a yellow question mark is Other Devices > Coprocessor with the following hardware IDs:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30D6103C&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30D6103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&CC_0B4000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&CC_0B40

My problem is the video resolution where WIn8 doesn't offer my native resolution (1280 x 800) but rather it gives me 1024x768 and nothing else. When I installed original MS Vista video drivers I could select the proper resolution but then had other problems where the system did not allow me to select the Win8 charm section. Windows 8 pretty useless without that.

Update: while browsing this forum I found an interesting entry

(http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g/Pavilion-dv2500-resolution-after-Windows...  ) and I followed this idea. I went to Nvidia.com site and searched manually for drivers (selected Windows 7 OS as selecting Windows 8 would show nothing). Downloaded the drivers for Windows 7 and installed on my HP Pavilion dv2500 with Windows 8. It may be too early to call a victory but the the display looks much better now - it's not stretched as before. In the video setting section it actually detects the correct video card (GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M) and provides the correct resolution of 1280x800.

I hope it will stay stable and not cause problems.

Even though I did not get a direct solution to my question but still thank you guys for your help. The support forum is a great idea - where officially HP says 'not supported' you guys at least try to find alternative solutions. Great job.

And, Vidya, if you find out why this coprocessor is listed here with a yellow question mark and if there is anything that can be done to improve please let me (and others) know.

Cheers.....

Peter 

HP Recommended

Nice. It is always  good to hear success stories.

The other device that you provided PCI\VEN info on  (ven 10DE and  device 0543) is the copressor driver. You might find that one at the AMD website. What is the installed CPU?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to find the driver thru Windows Update.

In the device manager right click the coprocessor and choose ' Update Driver Software... ' and choose automatic option.

When the installation process will end with success then you will need to reboot the system to complete the process.

Still not solved?

Try to install the nvidia chipset driver here which was released for your model by HP to support the Vista system.

If there will be a problem with installing this driver then try to install it using the Compatibility Mode.

When the installation process will end with success then you will need to reboot the system to complete the process.

Resource:

How to Make Older Programs Compatible with Windows 8

Still not solved?

Try the nvidia chipset driver which available on the nvidia website.

It was released to support Windows 7 and Vista but may work also in Windows 8.

The link to 32 bit version is here.

The link to 64 bit version is here.

Again if there will be a problem with installing this driver then try to install it using the Compatibility Mode.

Resource:

How to Make Older Programs Compatible with Windows 8

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
my computer will not start. it says loading windows files then the screen goes blank. I ran a hard drive test and it said #1-#7 Failed
HP Recommended

Hello tholt69,

I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

notbuq

HP Recommended

Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30D6103C&REV_12\4&28884d08&0&4A40 was configured.

Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30D6103C&REV_12\4&28884d08&0&4B40 was configured.

Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30D6103C&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&0B was configured.

I decided to upgrade my Pc to windows 8 expecting will solve some problems i was having with my audio, but it seams it was wrong...

Please help me to find the correct drivers for my pc to work properly,  now i have audio a video troubles..  I am answering giving the numbers you ask for.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.