03-06-2010 06:47 AM
Im about to install WIN7 on my laptop and it seems like it wont recognize my bootable usb stick that works fine one other laptops! Ive set the "USB key/USB HDD" as the first priority in bios but it just wont boot. Im gonna try to update the bios since there was an update available at HP support but other than that IDK what to do.
02-19-2013 01:23 AM
i have a CTO Pavilion DV6 with Sandy Bridge and i have the same problem..... if i knew this before i bought it i would have purchased Dell instead... now im stuck!!!!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)