Question

Intern
Jeff17866
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavilion g6-2200 CTO notebook. AMD driver downloader won't run

I have a Pavilion g6-2200 CTO notebook that came with Windows 8, I upgraded to Windows 8.1.

I had a problem with the software interface for my HP OfficeJet 4500 All in One Wireless G510n-z which, when I tried to fix that problem, brought on several others.

This led to my "Resetting" and going back to 8. I tried re-installing 8.1, and had problems with that OS again, so reset again and as of right now, I am still running Windows 8 because I'm afraid to upgrade again to 8.1 when 8 seems to be working correctly....so far.

I've posted some other questions on this web site and gotten some good feedback.....but.....I was told I should upgrade drivers for different parts of this computer AND for the programs I have installed.

I have an AMD CPU and went to their web site and downloaded the AMD Driver Downloader but it won't run. Is there a setting on this computer blocking it or is it something else?

Sorry about the involved explanation but I've been working on the overall situation for like a month now and I'm frustrated. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (235 Views)

Re: Pavilion g6-2200 CTO notebook. AMD driver downloader won't run

Get your Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery) How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Download drivers" from the menu. Enter your Product Number. After entering PN click 'Go". On the next page use the dropdown menu to select your Operating System, click Next. A list will populate with drivers/software.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

How to find Product number: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Intern
Jeff17866
Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)

CherylG: Thank you for your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation