Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A client has a new g6-2205sa laptop and has asked me to install Windows 7 on it for her.  This I have done and I have drivers installed ofr all the hardware EXCEPT usb drivers whcih I cannot seem to find anywhere.  If anyone can point me in the right direction for Windows 7 drivers for the USB ports on a g6-2205sa laptop I would be extremely grateful.

TIA

49 REPLIES 49
HP Recommended

Please try these drivers for the USB ports:

Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driverftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55975.exe

If you need any other missing drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The hardware Ids for 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller' are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_183F103C&REV_04

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_183F103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0330

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03

HP Recommended

The driver link I provided earlier should work. If you have not tried it, please try it. If you tried it and it did not work, please let me know.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

So sorry.  I completely missed the first part of your message.

When I downloaded the file and ran it the drivers were indeed installed correctly.

Many thanks, and apologies again for not seeing the link earlier.

HP Recommended

Good to hear that the issue is resolved. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

I am using G6-2229TU but not able to use left side both the USB and not able to find any driver on web and HP support. I am using Win7 64 bit

HP Recommended

@Debajit wrote:

I am using G6-2229TU but not able to use left side both the USB and not able to find any driver on web and HP support. I am using Win7 64 bit

Hello Debajit.

Have the USB ports ever worked?  You don't normally have to install special drivers for USB ports, they are covered by standard/generic drivers built into Windows.

Also, try using the Microsoft Fixit utility to automatically troubleshoot the problem.  Here is a link.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Debajit,

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion g6-2229tu Notebook Computer. According to the specs, this model shipped with the FreeDOS operating system installed at the factory. HP appears to provide Windows 8 drivers only, for this model. Most of the Windows 7 drivers from the HP Pavilion g6-2129nr Notebook PC Drivers & Downloads page should work on your HP g6-2229tu computer.

Please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for any missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

@lasvegaswireman wrote:

Debajit,

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion g6-2229tu Notebook Computer. According to the specs, this model shipped with the FreeDOS operating system installed at the factory. HP appears to provide Windows 8 drivers only, for this model. Most of the Windows 7 driver from the HP Pavilion g6-2129nr Notebook PC Drivers & Downloads page should work on your HP g6-2229tu computer.

Please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for any missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

hi admin

resendly i purcharsed hp g6-2229tu laptop and i install win7 os but this lap driver software not in ur hp site web please help me .......how to install driver softwares?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.