Please help!! My recovery partition is gone! (3592 Views)
Honor Student
Convenxier
Message 1 of 5 (3,592 Views)

Please help!! My recovery partition is gone!

I am currently using Hp pavillion dv4 -1041tx.The recovery partition is located in local disk drive D. However, last few weeks out of sudden the whole drive D is gone and i couldn't find it. I am sure that i did not format the drive D.i try to do system restore but the drive D still didn't show up.When i try to create a recovery CD, it stated that the computer couldn't find the required sofrware.My computer is running slower and slower lately. What can i do to recover my laptop??

Thx for the help!!

Associate Professor
RoyalSerpent
Message 2 of 5 (3,574 Views)

Re: Please help!! My recovery partition is gone!

Contact HP...order recovery CDs.  Download the DOS version of Copywipe and burn the data as a bootable CD.  Reboot with this CD to wipe the hard drive.  Upon completion, use the HP recovery CDs to reload windows.

BTW, be sure to backup important data on CD/DVD/USB stick.  Copywipe will delete all data on the hard drive.

Tutor
cmaddox53
Message 3 of 5 (3,572 Views)

hi mate your recovery partition should still be there go into control panel look for administrative tools go to computer management go to disk management and see if you can see the partition right click on the mouse and make active the partition that should work then and mate after that make an image from acronis image its on torrents download it and do an image of the whole drive its faster as safer than hp recovery manager most times recovery wont work thats i do from now its much faster 

Honor Student
Convenxier
Message 4 of 5 (3,503 Views)

Hey, thx for the help!! When i go to the disk management, I can see my drive C and the missing drive D which is 9.91gb. However, i have only 3 options, which are" change drive letter or path","format", and "delete volume".But when i click on any of it, it shows :"the operation failed to complete because the disk management console view is not up to date.Refresh the view by using the refresh task.If the problem persist, close the disk management console,then restart disk management or restart computer."

I had tried to restart my computer but it is still the same. There is no description for my drive D partition but just the volume of the drive. Is there anything else i can do? or i need to download the driver? I don't know how to download the driver. I went to the HP driver download website and there are so many link to download.I am so confused.

Thx for the help again...........

Tutor
cmaddox53
Message 5 of 5 (3,494 Views)

hi mate have you tried a system restore from with in windows go to all programs then accessories then system tools then system restore start it and look for the earliest date you put your software on last which was working ok try that if that dont work you will need a new set of recovery disks from hp
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation