Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP HDX 16.  Internet Explorer initially had a "toolbar" very similar to the MSN toolbar but it had black HP icons such as HP Learn, Snapfish, and some other HP icons but I can't recall the others. 

Anyway - I somehow removed this HP toolbar and can't figure out how to get it back.  I now have the MSN toolbar and I can flip it to a Bing toolbar.  I've tried everything I can think of and have read through tons of posts!   I would really like to have the HP icons back on my toolbar but I can't find any info about it.

Has anyone else seen this toolbar?  Does anyone know how I can find it so I can restore it?

Thanks!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I just installed an upgrade to Norton and now my HP Toolbar (what the laptop came with) is gone.  How can I get it back?

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
I to have the same problem if anyone can help please, thanks
HP Recommended
I just installed an upgrade to Norton and now my HP Toolbar (what the laptop came with) is gone.  How can I get it back?
HP Recommended
I I had same problem.. i updated to IE 8, and when i opened it up my HP toolbar was gone.  I really like the toolbar so i restored back to my earlier IE version.  Would love to know how to keep the toolbar, and update my IE.
HP Recommended

It looks like you guys having a problem with managing the add-on's on IE. the hp toolbar add on is disabled by the looks of it.

try to following the instuctions on the below to link to enable & manage add-on your Internet Explorer.

http://browsers.about.com/od/internetexplorertutorials/ss/manageie7addons.htm

Hope this helps.

-Urs

HP Recommended

I can't find my HP toolbar and this seems to have happened to a lot of people can you tell me how to get it back and maybe prevent it happening again.

HP Recommended

I found it!!!:smileyvery-happy: What we were all looking for is the Yahoo tool bar.  Right click anywhere it is empty on your current tool bars and select the yahoo tool bar.  It inclues the snapfish, HP smart deals and other things you were missing. 

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I think i have solved the problem for this as it worked for me.

Go to start menu then control panel and then open up programs.

Click on program and features.

In the list look for MSN toolbar

click once to highlight the program and then right click

You then have an option the unistall or change

Click change and follow the instructions

This should solve the problem hopefully :generic:

HP Recommended

Bing tool bar disappeared

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.