Re: Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan...Thanks! (1989 Views)
Honor Student
chuckinabox
Message 1 of 5 (2,043 Views)

Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan

Hi All; 

My laptop C304NR Cpu fan has quit running, causing, of course, the system to overheat & shut down. It is running XP home (though I don't believe it matters). My experience level is high, with desktops, but not too, with laptops. I was not able to find a replacement, on the HP site, but did on a google search, for $80. Is this a part I can change, without fear, if I stay grounded, use thermal paste, etc. I also would like to find a page with the instructions, if possible.

I did buy this new, & have looked through ALL the paperwork that came with it, & there is nothing of help. I did replace memory, & battery on it before giving it to my Granddaughter. (when it quickly quit.)  8>( 

Honor Student
chuckinabox
Message 2 of 5 (2,037 Views)

Re: Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan

I re-read my post & thought I may have stated it a little off. My granddaughter has used the laptop for 2 weeks & it was fine. It still boots & all is fine, untill it gets hot from the lack of cooling. (we dont let it do that, as soon as it happened the first time, she brought it to me to see what was wrong.) I didn't kill it changing the memory...

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 5 (2,027 Views)

Re: Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan

Hi,

You may change Your fan without any fear and yes You must put new paste on components after that. Clean it also from dust. All informations how to do it You will find in service documentation for this model which is here (page 153).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
chuckinabox
Message 4 of 5 (1,994 Views)

Re: Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan...Thanks!

Thank You for the help, I was able to do the whole thing in about 3 hrs, only a couple of surprises the book didn't show (the way the fan bracket attaches to the mobo with some horizontal screws.). All is well, again.

Thanks again

Chuck

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (1,989 Views)

Re: Presario C304NR laptop CPU fan...Thanks!

Tnx for informations. I'm glad then everything is ok now with Your model. Have a great day.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation