Question

Honor Student
Sixtypounder201
Message 1 of 7 (1,873 Views)

Problem With AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400/4200 series driver

First of all. .. HELLO!!

i seen many post around the internet about this topic  but without a valid answer about the solution , so i decided to ask 

the manufacturer company of my computer and see if they provide me with a solution 

My problem now , i have the notebook (bellow ) and i bought it with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, some time ago i decided to install windows 7 32-bit and i tried to find drivers for my graphics card , in the device manager (at that time) there was 2 grapchics cards displayed , first "amd mobility radeon hd 5400 series" &"amd mobility radeon hd 4200 series"

(first one high performance and second power saving gpu)

Anyway 

After the installation of the new operating system (32bit) i tried the amd auto-detect driver method ,and some others but still at the device manager (as u see bellow ) there is only the power saving gpu , the high performance its kinda like it dosn't even exist , when i select high performance gpu from catalyst control manager i get either black screen , or windows basic mode for a few seconds and then back the power saving mode gpu , to put it in a few words , nevermind what i selected for high performance gpu , the system responded to "NOTHING" 

well not even to mention that when i try to find my product from the hp driver search also says that dosn't exist , or it displays drivers for a printer ,  .... so amd & hp methods so far got me to nothing , as i searched for drivers from several sites i saw that probably the problem is that amd dosn't have made drivers for any other operating system other than MS Windows 7 -64 bit  Witch i  find kinda funny , but tell me is there finally a solution or i have to change again to 64-bit OS ? (*it will be a great trouble but i ruther not )  

below an image from the hardware ids and product number/name Untitled.jpg

Product name: HP G62 Notebook PC

Product number: XF346EA#B1A 

Honor Student
Sixtypounder201
Message 2 of 7 (1,869 Views)

Re: Problem With AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400/4200 series driver

also it will be nice to provide me a link for hp stock drivers for my laptop so i can install some other stock stuff for my current os :smileyhappy:
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 7 (1,865 Views)

Hi:

Based on the product code you posted, below is the link to the W7 32 bit support and driver page for your notebook.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4293...

Honor Student
Sixtypounder201
Message 4 of 7 (1,862 Views)

i am downloading as we speak , it will fix my graphics card problem as well?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 7 (1,858 Views)

It should--especially if you are installing the first AMD driver listed.

Honor Student
Sixtypounder201
Message 6 of 7 (1,855 Views)

i installed the first , the drivers all done :smileyvery-happy: 

one small problem   , on the task bar and generally in the system only appears the AMD vision engine control center , not the amd catalyst , so i don't know how to switch from high performance gpu to power save , any ideas?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 7 of 7 (1,849 Views)

Hi:

I don't have any first hand knowledge about notebooks with switchable graphics.

Please see if this article helps at all.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048333&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation