Question

Student
SirMarek
Message 1 of 9 (4,185 Views)

Problem With Fingerprint Scanner

I installed Windows 7 on my laptop (on Hp HDX X16T-1200 CTO \  p/n NK133AV) and have gone to the HP site and downloaded the Fingerprint scanner driver and the Digital Persona Software. My laptop, however, is not recognizing that the fingerprint scanner exists, even with the driver installed. Help?

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 9 (4,176 Views)

Re: Problem With Fingerprint Scanner

Please ensure you install both Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software.

To my knowledge Both are needed to make the finger print sensor to work.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Intern
pmrose
Message 3 of 9 (4,159 Views)

Have you gone to the DigitalPersonal application and checked for updates?  I found that to be the answer to this challenge....

Student
jhclark22
Message 4 of 9 (4,122 Views)

pmrose,

I have the same exact laptop as the OP and have an up to date DigitalPersonal app. You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas would you? Thanks

Honor Student
hgauthier2000
Message 5 of 9 (3,047 Views)

I had the exact same problem  and I realized thx to this response that the answer lies in getting both the validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software which can be found following these links : validity sensor driver and Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software . I had already downloaded the Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software so I just had to get the validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver which took only a few minutes and I was set to go. You might wanna make sure you have the latest version though. Hope this helps.

Honor Student
Bsheltonihs
Message 6 of 9 (2,074 Views)

I get   "Sensor not connected. Please connect sensor and try again."  when I try to go into Simple Pass 2011 on my new laptop. I checked the drivers made sure the Biometric Device in Device Manager is enabled. I reloaded the drivers for the device and I disabled and then enabled it again. When I restarted my laptop it worked until fine until my laptop went into hibernate mode. Please advise me on this.

Student
robb1968
Message 7 of 9 (1,755 Views)

The fingerprint scanner is not working at all is there a download i can use?

Intern
akkhandelwal
Message 8 of 9 (1,751 Views)

I have DV6 pavilion laptop just few months old and the fingureprint scanner had been patchy right out of the box.. It would work on and off and now it has quit working.I have the latest drivers for  validity and latest version of Simplepass and just did the latest bios update.

The HP response is to reset to factory condition, which is useless. How long one can work without adding any programs or files?

Any one has any idea what to do.

Honor Student
hp9132745314165
Message 9 of 9 (1,431 Views)

Saw this on another forum because I have had a similar problem with my laptop (mostly after waking it up from sleep mode). seemed to work for him.

"A while back I had a similar problem on my laptop.

What I did was disable power saving mode in the fingerprint reader driver.. This should work for you also.

Go to the Device Manager and choose the fingerprint reader under biometric devices

Right click and go into the driver properties and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under Power Management."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation