Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion m6-1009tx Entertainment Notebook PC

Hp Pavilion m6-1009tx entertainment notebook pc

64-bit windows 7

Radeon HD 7670M

Intell HD graphics 4000

So basically all the troubles started when i tried to download the bluestacks android emulator. After i downloaded it, it promted me to install the latest intel driver. I did so, however once i restarted my computer it didn't take effect, so i tried going to the intel website and download the driver it recomends. However i get this message ;

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.  Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. 
Setup will exit."

So i downloaded the HP driver manager hoping that it would have the driver i need. But it costs $40, and when i did the free scan, it said my graphics where up to date, so i didn't bother buying it as it wouldn't solve my problem.

I tried going to control panel/ device manager and right clicking check for updates for the two, but they are completly up to date. The last update to this driver was a year ago.

How can i get the updated driver i need?

Also, if i can't get the updated driver, can i just use a 64-bit windows os disk, and remove all trace of HP from the OS, or will there be compatability issues?

Thanks for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the graphics is functioning normally there is nothing you can do.

Actually both tha AMD and Intel graphics drivers are way out of date by now.

That is a custom made driver collaborated on by Intel/AMD and HP, and unfortunately, they do not release too many updates to those kind of drivers.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can only use the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support and driver page which installs the drivers for both the AMD and Intel switchable graphics setup in your notebook.

Ignore or hide any driver updates you get for the Intel display adapter.

If you succeed in installing the standalone Intel graphics driver, your AMD graphics adapter will no longer work.

The AMD graphics driver is a custom made driver and unfortunately will only work with the version of the Intel graphics driver they used at the time.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply,

So i downloaded and installed the driver tuner from AMD official site. But before i purchase it, will it work because its not HP?

Or should i only use the HP driver manager?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can only use the AMD driver on your PC's support and driver page.

HP Recommended

I'm a little confused as to where i find the PC's support and driver page. Is it the HP support assistant that came with the laptop - if so it says there is no needed updates.

Where do i find this program?

Also, would there be any problems if i just load a fresh copy of windows from a disk?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You enter your model number in the applicable box at the link below, and you will be directed to the support and driver page for your PC.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

You will find the support assistant program listed under the tools section.

You can install W7 x64 and as long as you are willing to live without some of the programs that came with your PC and are willing to install all of the drivers and other software you need to operate the notebook, that would be fine to do.

HP Recommended

Thanks for you help and patience, i know you could probably do this in your sleep.

So i found the driver i want to download and install,

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs).

However when i click the download button, it takes me to the language selector page, i click my language and it takes me back to square one. Enter your product.  No download actually occurs.

I have also tried downloading it with AVG and windows firewall turned off.

This is the link the download box has;

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56948.axe

HP Recommended

Hi:

Well, isn't that a kick in the head?  :generic:

See if this one works. It should from a different model with the same graphics setup as yours.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111285-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

Well this is getting frustrating. i reseted my laptop to factory settings and installed the link you provided sucessfully,  i also ignored the update;

Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

Download size: 69 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Intel Other hardware software update released in July, 2012

But still, bluestacks is saying my graphics driver is out of date. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the graphics is functioning normally there is nothing you can do.

Actually both tha AMD and Intel graphics drivers are way out of date by now.

That is a custom made driver collaborated on by Intel/AMD and HP, and unfortunately, they do not release too many updates to those kind of drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.