Question

Student
mwskibumb
Message 1 of 2 (3,905 Views)

Probook 4525s - HP Recovery Manager?

I'm being told by HP that there is no more Recovery Manager installed at least on the Probook 4525s and my only option is to order disks from HP.

Does anyone know if that is right? Any other options?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (3,876 Views)

Re: Probook 4525s - HP Recovery Manager?

Hi:

I would order the disks anyway. They are only $10 if you live in the USA or Canada.

Here's how to order:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on bottom of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 4525s, but the part number will be found on that white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (4525s).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

Now as for last question regarding options....

I can't guarantee this will work, because it does not list the "supported notebooks" covered by this version of the Recovery Manager application, but you can see if it works. I don't see why it wouldn't.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation