Product definition file lost (3138 Views)
Top Student
zigmoid
Message 1 of 4 (3,138 Views)

Product definition file lost

hi guys you all know that HP provides update to the softwares required by notebook.

So whenever i downloaded new one and tried to install it most of the times show message

" product definitition file lost " installation can't continue.

I tried by uninstalling previuos version and installing new version and also tried by not uninstalling previous version.

i have to sometimes format my laptop so i was able to try all these.

Mostly media related software,smart menu etc.

I ewas even surprised that in message there was spelling mistake i.e. it shows definition as definitition !!  . horrible

Distinguished Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 4 (3,119 Views)

Re: Product definition file lost

Hi, it could be a virus, or any other malware. Do a full antivirus scan..

Dv6-7000 /Core i5-3210M/GF 650M/8GB/Intel Wireless-AC 7260/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Jessie

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
peerys
Message 3 of 4 (1,990 Views)

the message actually reads - "Error!! The product definitation file lost."  I cannot "uninstall" or remove the software anyway and cannot proceed wtih the upgrade from cyberlink until the previous version is uninstalled.  I am unable to watch Blu-ray at this time and would like to have that resolved but this the only place I can find to put any of this down. 

I have to be able to watch blu-ray because I do have a blu-ray disc drive in my laptop.

Steve Peery

Tutor
Canito1963
Message 4 of 4 (717 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  I see this is a 2010 problem... HP any solutions YET???

Steve...Do anybody got a solution for this problem?  Thanks!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation