06-17-2010 09:05 AM
hi guys you all know that HP provides update to the softwares required by notebook.
So whenever i downloaded new one and tried to install it most of the times show message
" product definitition file lost " installation can't continue.
I tried by uninstalling previuos version and installing new version and also tried by not uninstalling previous version.
i have to sometimes format my laptop so i was able to try all these.
Mostly media related software,smart menu etc.
I ewas even surprised that in message there was spelling mistake i.e. it shows definition as definitition !! . horrible
06-18-2010 11:22 AM
Hi, it could be a virus, or any other malware. Do a full antivirus scan..
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
03-23-2011 02:08 PM
the message actually reads - "Error!! The product definitation file lost." I cannot "uninstall" or remove the software anyway and cannot proceed wtih the upgrade from cyberlink until the previous version is uninstalled. I am unable to watch Blu-ray at this time and would like to have that resolved but this the only place I can find to put any of this down.
I have to be able to watch blu-ray because I do have a blu-ray disc drive in my laptop.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)