Question
QLBController Has Stopped Working
Replies (44)

Honor Student
Empyrean86
Message 11 of 45 (30,862 Views)

Re: QLBController Has Stopped Working

Hi. After uninstalling "HP Connection Manager", how can I install it again?

And is it really a comfirmed solution?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 45 (30,853 Views)

It worked for me. Note: I removed/reinstalled the Connection manager and the Quick Look software due to receiving a couple of error messages.

Go to the Support & Drivers page for your hardware (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html) - you can find the latest version there.

Honor Student
Empyrean86
Message 13 of 45 (30,820 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Thanks for the link.

Anyways, I've looked up the Connection Manager through Support & Drivers page, but Ive noticed that I have the same version which IS the latest. They are pointing out that the latest version is 4.1.22.1 (27 Jun 2011) as shown here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32... and when I went to my Programs and Feature to uninstall the version installed, I found that I have it 4.1.22.1.

So may I know what is the problem then?

The HP Support Assistant is working well now after a some days of chaos but still have 1 single problem I'v searched here in the forum (sth stopped working when I open the Assistant but it opens anyways) and it pointed out that the HP Support Assistant must be updated, but I updated it two days ago after uninstalling.

I don't know but I like HP and I like how it deals with its customers and the help it provides but there is sth wrong and I'm starting to hate my 4530s.

PS: I have a problem since the 1st day I bought my lap regarding the ArcsSoft TotalMedia. It just won't open and I'm not finding any solution to this except for one that requested to download sth and I downloaded it, but in vain. So, I REMOVED it coz 1GB is too much for me since I only got 248GBs and I only have now 103GBs (BELIEVE ME I DON'T NOW WHERE DOES 145GBs go since the largest thing I have is the HP Documentation with 740MBs).

I have other problem regarding the HP Protect Tools Manager. I open it but it keeps saying "loading applications" forever. I'm trying to update it. (it shows an icon in the top right corner that indicates the program needs to be updated but not clickable). 

Thanks.

Message 14 of 45 (30,730 Views)

A message appears on my screen that says your QLBController has stopped working how can I correct the problem.

Student
salinao
Message 15 of 45 (30,612 Views)

One of my users with a Probook 5330m reported the same problem: QLBController has stopped working.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: QLBController.exe
Application Version: 4.5.9.1
Application Timestamp: 4f60f518
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e21213c
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000000cacd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Also saw this error trying to open HP Connection Manager:

Cannot load assembly:
CaslShared, Version=3.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=(somelongHEX#)

Ran repair of HP Connection Manager. Problem solved.

Top Student
David_155
Message 16 of 45 (30,598 Views)

I had this message appear on my computer for about a week now and I've found a solution that appears to have solved it without having to uninstall anything.

My specs:

HP ProBook 4530s, Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit

Solution:

1-Open the control panel (Start, control panel)

2-Find Programs and Features (If you have the control panel sorted by category it will be under the Programs link when you fist open the control panel)

3-Open the Program list by clicking "Programs and Features" or "Uninstall a program"

4-Scroll down until you find "HP Connection Manager", select it, and click the "Repair" button at the top

Let the system check for errors and correct them, this solved the problem for me and a few restarts have not reproduced the error. Hope this helps.

Honor Student
Yoshm
Message 17 of 45 (30,137 Views)

Empyrean86 wrote:

Hi. After uninstalling "HP Connection Manager", how can I install it again?

And is it really a comfirmed solution?

Thanks.

I tried this on my colleague's machine and it worked perfectly. Uninstalled, re-booted and the volume OSD was back and the two bootup error messages (QLBController & Connection Manager) disappeared. Looks like HP messed up some configuration when it updated their software. Haven't reinstalled Connection Manager yet - don't really need it AFAIK...

Student
rm00r3
Message 18 of 45 (29,052 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just had this happen after an update and all I did was "repair" the program and that worked. No need to uninstall. I have an Elitebook 8560w runnung Windows 7 Professional - 64bit.

Student
DonAber
Message 19 of 45 (28,914 Views)

I just tried the repair and it seems to work.    Thanks.

Student
Angeliz3
Message 20 of 45 (28,493 Views)

[ Edited ]

*(programs and features, repaired hp connection manager and restarted laptop)*

So i've tried this process,i'm guessing it was a good update because the QLB cntroller popup doesn't show anymore but what i still noticed was every time i watch some an online video of some sort (ei. youtube, hulu, advertisement,etc) it would would freeze up the screen with whatever site i'm on but could hear it playing. And most of the time when i open tab to a different site and go back to the tab i was on before it, i wouldn't be able to use the side scroll bar and have copy paste the url to a new tab for it to work. Even when i refresh the page, still site freeze but other sites work like facebook etc. odd no? Don't know what else to do or what needs to be updated. :smileysad: I updated my hp laptop, cleaned up my hard-drive for space and i still have this problem. Does any one else?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation