Question

Honor Student
kazekagi
Message 1 of 5 (2,353 Views)

Quick launch buttons.

Hi!

I am having a problem with my quick launch buttons on my 

HP Pavilion dv7-2285 17,3" WXGA

When im in a game, and want too turn the volume up or down, the game minimizes. This is ofcourse because there is a animation when i do so.

Anything i can do too remove theese animations? Still want the quick launch buttons so function like they do, just without the minimizing part.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 5 (2,339 Views)

Re: Quick launch buttons.

[ Edited ]

On my laptop there is a software titled HP Quick Touch which does the onscreen animation.I uninstalled it_but not HP Quick Launch which controls the buttons.

I have seen posts about this issue which indicate that there is no Quick Touch software to remove on the DV7 series.If you don't see it, maybe check the settings in Quick Launch or  MediaSmart SmartMenu for a setting to turn off the onscreen popup.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 3 of 5 (2,325 Views)

For notebook shipped with Win7, try to uninstall HP MediaSmart SmartMenu from device manager.

I dont know why this simple issue has not been fixed by HP since the release of HP Quick Touch software.

Uninstalling HP MediaSmart SmartMenu from the system will eliminate OSD volume, if you wish to have OSD volume in your system and do not want it to be displayed while running other program in fullscreen try 3RVX a freeware that less pain compared to HP MediaSmart SmartMenu or HP Quick Touch software.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
kazekagi
Message 4 of 5 (2,299 Views)

Thx that solved my problem:smileyvery-happy:

If u ask me, this is a major design error_D

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 5 of 5 (2,242 Views)

Glad to know, we have solved your problem.

Please assign this thread as a solve one to help other in the future.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation