QuickWeb Browser Flash Player Upgrade? (4952 Views)
Top Student
MGmirkin
Message 1 of 3 (4,952 Views)

QuickWeb Browser Flash Player Upgrade?

So, okay, I generally like the HP QuickWeb instant-on environment for certain things like checking e-mail & watching Hulu.

The latter appears to be a problem now. It was working fine about 2 days ago. Now whenever I go to watch an episode, the section where the video is supposed to come up just says "Express install is not supported on this operating system. To upgrade, please visit: Flash Player Download Center." The link redirects me to Adobe's Flash Player download site. However, QuickWeb is not one of the options on the download version selector menu. It just offers Linux installers. Heck, I don't know whether anything but the default "software" even CAN be installed in QuickWeb. My guess would be NO...

How do I resolve this issue. Will this be a problem EVERY SINGLE TIME Adobe issues a minor patch or update and Hulu insists on an upgrade?

I've gone into Quickweb's setup section and checked for updates manually. It informs me that the software is already up to date. So, when will an update be available to make QuickWeb's browser functional again? I'd hate to have to stop using it over something as trivial as a missing Flash Player update... Funny thing is, I can go into Windows 7 and watch the video just fine. It doesn't tell me I need to upgrade anything... Or, if I ever did, Firefox seems to have magically upgraded itself...

So, again, how long before a fix is included in an update? I hope this won't be a recurring problem and/or that QuickWeb won't be one of those dead-end programs that's never maintained or updated properly...

Best,

~Michael Gmirkin

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (4,944 Views)

Re: QuickWeb Browser Flash Player Upgrade?

[ Edited ]

I think quick web is actually a small linux operating system that loads independently of Windows.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14749/shh_hp_sneaks_linux_in_on_new_laptops

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 3 (4,932 Views)

Re: QuickWeb Browser Flash Player Upgrade?

I would suggest running an restore from with in quickweb and see, it that fixes the issue...

To perform a  Restore... Open the Configuration Panel, by clicking on the Gear icon in the LaunchBar. In that Panel click on Environment Settings...In that Setting Windows, Check on General Tab and Select the Restore button

Restore will clear the IOS settings, as well as any personal information stored by the web browser (Bookmarks, Cookies, History, etc.).

If restore does not working, Reinstall QW from Recovery manager and check.

If both fail, Can i get the version of Quickweb? Plus have you tried other flash based website like youtube....

Quickweb is read only environment so, you not be able to install anything in there...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation