Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had bought a Notebook, model is Touchsmart 15-J1001TX from India.

My laptop's bluetooth manufacturer is RALink. But the bluetooth driver is unavailable in Download Center.

I had got some driver but giving problem and not working, the problems are:

from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-125314-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en... link:

Computer freezes and giving bluescreen error while installation. The error is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-125232-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en... link:

Installation completes but computer is not opening after reboot. I had to go in safe mode and after uninstalling Mediatek Bluetooth software computer starts.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit edition and cannot use bluetooth device. Please help me.

Sushovan
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Used also sp64949.exe

Installer stopped during installation. I had to hard reboot, (because normal reboot was not working) and then had to system restore (because laptop was not turning on after reboot).

Sushovan
HP Recommended

Hello Sushovan-M. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand you are looking for a Bluetooth Windows 8.1 RALink driver, compatible with this computer. Unfortunately, no such driver exists, at this time. If you return the computer to Windows 8, you will be able to use the computer's Bluetooth feature.

Alternatively, you could try utilizing a USB Bluetooth Adapter. However, I cannot guarantee it will work.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
how may day I have to wait then?

FYI, I've discovered that the driver for Ralink bluetooth exists, but it conflicts with HYPER-V feature somehow. I am a developer of Windows Phone. So Windows 8.1 is required for me.
Sushovan
HP Recommended
EXACT the same problem here. i use the old driver for win8 and when the drivers list updated with sp64949.exe and tray to install the system freeze and do system restore
HP Recommended

Exat same problem with 470 G0. The weird thing is that a few months back when i first installed windows 8.1 i could enable hyper-v and was running fine. Now after fresh installation no way to get it running.

Only way to get hyper-v running is to disable thw WLAN from bios. HP you need to get a solution for this.

Tried not installing drivers, windows 8 drives, played with bios features nothing worked.

HP Recommended

@Sushovan-M wrote:

I had bought a Notebook, model is Touchsmart 15-J1001TX from India.

My laptop's bluetooth manufacturer is RALink. But the bluetooth driver is unavailable in Download Center.

I had got some driver but giving problem and not working, the problems are:

from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-125314-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en... link:

Computer freezes and giving bluescreen error while installation. The error is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-125232-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en... link:

Installation completes but computer is not opening after reboot. I had to go in safe mode and after uninstalling Mediatek Bluetooth software computer starts.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit edition and cannot use bluetooth device. Please help me.

HP Recommended

bluetooth not conect to  mobile (samsung galaxy s3) to laptop

send to lptop to mobile. but not send file mobile to laptop.

what is the plz reply quickly

HP Recommended

Hello @anilbhandary ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you can send files from your PC to your phone, but not from your phone to your PC.

It would help to know which product and operating system you are using. For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

Take a look at this guide for connecting an Android phone to a Windows PC: How to Use Bluetooth to Transfer Files between a Computer and an Android Tablet. This article is for an Android tablet but the steps should be the same.

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.