Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! 

This is my first time posting on these forums, so please excuse me if I posted in the wrong area or am repeating a resolved issue. Please feel free to correct me if I am so I can learn!

So, my problem is that my bluetooth is no longer working, it's not showing up under the settings when I want to add/detect a device. In device manager, "Bluetooth Device" only shows up after I set device manager to "show hidden devices"  and once I do that the only thing under the Bluetooth Device is "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter" which has a yellow exclamation point sign in the logo.

When I go to properties, the "Device status" shows this message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

At first I thought the driver is not compatible with Windows 8.1 because I think Bluetooth stopped working after updating it to 8.1 but I'm not completely sure, other people have been having this problem but their solutions have not been working for me (hence coming to this lovely forum).  Now, however, I'm thinking the Ralink bluetooth driver isn't the correct one because under my PC's internet resource page the only bluetooth driver is the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows

But, when trying to download and install this driver by running the "sp65069.exe" setup file I get a message saying

"The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.

Insert or Reinsert Now."

How can I resolve this issue and finally get Bluetooth back to normal?

Thank you in advance for simply reading this small essay!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would install the corresponding bluetooth driver and software for the model wireless network card your notebook uses.

So, if you indeed have a Ralink wireless card, you have to have a Ralink Bluetooth radio because it is on the same board as the wireless chip.

So trying to install an Atheros Bluetooth driver is not going to work.

I can't help you much unless you provide the full model number of your notebook.

If it is more than a couple of years old, there probably are no W8.1 drivers for the Ralink bluetooth radio.

If you have a recent model, you can try the latest BT driver and software directly from Mediatek (Ralink).

Bluetooth Driver(RT3290/MT7630)
6/25/2014V11.0.754.0WindowsWin7 Win8 Win8.1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would install the corresponding bluetooth driver and software for the model wireless network card your notebook uses.

So, if you indeed have a Ralink wireless card, you have to have a Ralink Bluetooth radio because it is on the same board as the wireless chip.

So trying to install an Atheros Bluetooth driver is not going to work.

I can't help you much unless you provide the full model number of your notebook.

If it is more than a couple of years old, there probably are no W8.1 drivers for the Ralink bluetooth radio.

If you have a recent model, you can try the latest BT driver and software directly from Mediatek (Ralink).

Bluetooth Driver(RT3290/MT7630)
6/25/2014V11.0.754.0WindowsWin7 Win8 Win8.1
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying!

I now have my bluetooth back! The driver you posted worked like a charm, I must have been downloading the wrong Ralink drivers! I tried a couple that others posted by people with the same problem I had, which obviously didn't work. Should I uninstall any of those and/or older drivers for the bluetooth? If so how could I find them? They don't show up in device manager so I'm assuming the files are somewhere in the C:\SWSetup\Drivers folder (although the driver you posted installed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation folder which is a bit different from the others I downloaded).

I just feel like I created a small mess and I wouldn't want it just laying around to cause problems later...

Either way, thanks for the help you've provided!

Just in case it's needed:

My full model number is : HP ENVY dv6-7214nr

In my original post I also put the link to the corresponding Microsoft support/online resources page (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4158&product=5309497&softwareitem=o... which is why I didn't post the full model number, my bad.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't think there would be a way to uninstall the old driver files (if any installed at all, and if the BT is working, let sleeping dogs lie.

You can delete the Ralink driver installation files in the C:\SWSetup folder to reclaim some disk space, but that will have no impact on what if any actual files were installed.

The Ralink BT driver I posted for you extracted to a different folder because it was not an HP-specific driver.

Most HP drivers all go to C:\SWSetup.

HP Recommended

Ok, cool! Considering those files are pretty small, I think just leaving them is safer than me trying to hunt down oddly named driver files and possibly deleting something I need. :TongueOut:

I did delete the old, incompatible RaBtooth driver file in SWSetup\Drivers folder after uninstalling it (which was an option in the uninstall process anyways) and nothing happened (Bluetooth still up and running) so I'll just leave the others alone.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.