Question

Honor Student
ChungingIt
Message 1 of 5 (511 Views)

Random clicking on the screen of Touchsmart TM2, solutions?

[ Edited ]

When in regular notebook mode the crusor randomly jumps and clicks around on the screen at random times, especially when in slate mode and crusor jumps around when touchpad isnt touched. Some ideas for solutions I could possibly try out? Ran diagnositcs and sweeped with free virus programs but still unable to figure out the problem, any susgguestions would be great!

Intern
Guppeh
Message 2 of 5 (476 Views)

Re: Random clicking on the screen of Touchsmart TM2, solutions?

ChungingIt wrote:

When in regular notebook mode the crusor randomly jumps and clicks around on the screen at random times, especially when in slate mode and crusor jumps around when touchpad isnt touched. Some ideas for solutions I could possibly try out? Ran diagnositcs and sweeped with free virus programs but still unable to figure out the problem, any susgguestions would be great!

First thing to do is localize whether the problem is with the touchpad or the touchscreen.  Does it stop jumping around when you disable the touchpad?  If not, it's possible the touchpad or the touchpad connecting cable could be bad.  If not, then I would tend to suspect the touchscreen.

Honor Student
ChungingIt
Message 3 of 5 (454 Views)

I recently rebooted the laptop since the random crusor jumping got so annoying and couldnt pin point the source of the problem, turned the click pad off and the problem still persists. How could i check the connecting cable to see if its bad or not?

Intern
Guppeh
Message 4 of 5 (441 Views)

Student
docscott
Message 5 of 5 (391 Views)

Did this problem get solved? I also have problems with my internal wireless card (I think the antenna is shot).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation