Re: The Fingerprint reader is not connected (119 Views)
Student
dv41318tu
Message 1 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: The Fingerprint reader is not connected

HI,

i am using hp pavillion dv4 1318tu series laptop

Whenever i am installing digital persona softwr it's showing me a message

"the system cannot verify that the fingerprint reader installed
to set up the fingerprint reader on your system install the driver from the application and driver recovery disc"

after completing installation while enrolling finger its showing me a msg fingerprint reader is not connected.

and also in device manager no biometric devices or finger reader like tab is there.

please help me out.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: The Fingerprint reader is not connected

Welcome to the HP Forum, dv4.

You do need to get that Validity Sensor Driver installed into the Device Manager before you install the software.

I checked; your system wants to use a pretty old version of Digital Persona -- and that is saying something since the DP software is all vintage at this point.

You might be able to use a more updated version of HP Digital Persona.

All versions of Digital Persona and HP SimplePass (replaced DP on newer notebooks) are sensitive to the "Order of Events".  If you don't install things in the right order, then nothing works.

You might get away with a different Driver package (controls the fingerprinter), though this should not be necessary.  That means, If you can get the Validity Sensor Driver from YOUR computer's webpage to install, then you should use it.  The other driver may or may not work on your hardware.

The following has been extrapolated from instructions written for a System that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 - hence the instructions for running the software in compatibility mode.  The only reason you might need compatibility mode is if you are still running Vista; you would then need to adjust the Compatibility mode settings for that OS.

General Instructions

Rules for Success:

• Driver always installs First
  • Then a Reboot / Restart of the computer
  • Software always installs Second
  • Do not leave out the suggested Reboots; Digital Personal LIKES a nice reboot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it Exists,

• Reinstall your existing Fingerprint driver from Windows 7:

Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Open your Biometric Devices >

Right Click on your Validity Sensor Driver > Uninstall (do NOT delete)

• Reboot the Notebook so the driver can reinstall itself as you log in

OR, lacking a biometric driver on the system at this time, then

THEN

OR, if your driver will not install, you might try:

• Download and install this Driver

sp55636 Validity Sensor V2.1.0.2

• Reboot / Restart your computer and log in

=============================================================================

NEXT:

Download and do not yet install this version of Digital Persona security software:

sp55909 Digital Persona V5.2.0.233

Follow these instructions to install the DP software

Running Drivers and Software in Compatibility Mode by AttackOfZaq

===============================================================================

I hope this helps solve the issue.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Click the Kudos Star! 

It is a great “Thank You” for the Author's efforts.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation