06-27-2014 05:28 AM
Yes!!! This is happening to me also! I cannot find any fixes and it is driving me crazy. I can't use skype anymore. It is like the webcam is in slow motion.
06-27-2014 11:37 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and WebCam not working correctly. Here is a link to Skype settings. Here is a document on WebCam troubleshooting.
I would be happy to assist if needed. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Please let me know.
I work on behalf of HP
07-07-2014 08:33 AM
No, it isn't a skype problem. I think that windows or hp needs to do an update. my webcam was fine until i upgraded to windows 8.1. i have intentionally not updated my laptop to 8.1 because of this.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)