Question

Top Student
yec_youyoumeme
Message 1 of 5 (2,529 Views)
Accepted Solution

Recovery Disc doesn't work

Hi friends~

My laptop is a HP HDX 18t.

I had created Recovery disc by Recovery Disc creator, two DVD recovery discs were created successfully without any error message. and then , i tested the recovery discs. after making sure the computer can be booted from CD/DVD Driver I inserted the first recovery disc, the computer was launched, recovery processing is working.

then , i removed all datas from my harddisc driver (include the recovery partition) without changing any partition structure , and then i was trying to install Windows XP, but install task is failed because the copy of Windows Xp I used does not support SATA Driver. so , I decided to recover my System by using the two recovery disc that i created before. same, after making sure the computer can be booted from CD/DVD Driver I insterted the first recovery DVD disc, THEN, HOWEVER the recovery processing can not be launched. error message alerted -- seems that it means i have to install windows from a copy of windows system installation disc. faint.

I don't know why the recovery task cannot be launched from the recovery disc. Could you please tell me how to use the Recovery Disc and if the recovery Disc can not work finally how can i restore my computer to original setting by using the two disc? 

HELP Please~~SOS~~~~~Thank you very much fiends~~

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 5 (2,518 Views)

Re: Recovery Disc doesn't work

Make sure you did use the 1st recovery disc, and what exactly is the error message you see?

By the way, here is the HP published "using HP Backup and Recovery Manager":

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00809678&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Make sure follow the steps described in the doc.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
yec_youyoumeme
Message 3 of 5 (2,512 Views)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your help!

I create the Recovery Disc by clicking All programs - > Recovery Manager - > Recovery Disc Creator.  

seems that there are some difference between steps I did and the steps described in the doc that you posted. 

is it the reason that course my recovery disc doesn't work?

I am in office now , i have to confirm the error message six hours later.

Thank you again!

Top Student
yec_youyoumeme
Message 4 of 5 (2,460 Views)

problem resolved~thank you~
Student
hippy1555
Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)

i just bought the recovery  Cd kit from HP ... I had a bad Hard drive  so i put a new hard drive in  and when i go to restore the puter it goes through cd 1 and cd 2  then i put in applacations cd and it runs after its done it  restarts the puter and then software installation begins  its gets 1/4 the way done it restarts and a screen comes up saying   (the recovery attempt has failed    how  do i fix this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation