Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased a HP  Pavilion dv6 notebook having Win 7 home premium installed. It had 3 system partions and and a C:\ drive. I made another partion and changed the drive letters of existing partions. After using this system for few months there are some issues with it and I want to go back to factory settings. I tried but could not recover my system. I dont  have recovery disks for my system. Kindly guide me how can recover my system to preconfigured state. From where I can download recovery disks for my laptop?

Thanks,

Muhammad {Personal Information Removed}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SorryHPbuyer 

I am not sure which model you were told there are unavailable for, but HP still stocks Recovery Discs for many (not all) Vista machines,  most Windows 7 & of course Windows 8 machines.

I assume you have an XP or early Vista model? In that scenario you should be able to get the here:

www.computersurgeons.com

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

You can't download Recovery Disks, you have to order them from HP.

Or, you can try this>>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11).

HP Recommended

I met the same problem with my Pavilion dv6, I can't run recovery by pressing F11

I did everything as you wrote but I can't see "Mark as Active Partition"

Could you please give me some more information?

Or please tell me how to order Recovery Dics from HP

Thank you very much.

Nguyen Kim Son

HP Recommended

i nead Recovery Disk for HP Pavilion dv6 notebook

HP Recommended

You can order Recovery Media for around $20>> Contact HP

HP Recommended

Email me, If you want the recovery disks.  

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hey, I need recovery disk for my DV6. Can you please send them to me? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@tbrown89

You can order Recovery Media for less than $20 usually. Choose your country, then look for Call HP option to find the page with info>> Contact HP

HP Recommended

Hey,

Since HP wants to nickel and dime people for these disks, can someone send them to me, or let me know if they can be downloaded from anywhere??? And, I say nickel and dime because these should have been included with the laptop or if the recovery partition is corrupt, they should be offered for free since we went and bought the product, the least they can do is support it.  The computer is a year old, and they can't service it or provide any thing other than purchasing the disks.  Which I think is BS, but that's my humble opinion. 

Please let me know if that is possible, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello please any1 with the dv6 recovery disck can email me where to download free ...because the laptop is really given me problem ...   [Personal Information Removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.