Question

Student
jchowland
Message 1 of 3 (3,344 Views)

Recovery Manager for Pavilion dm1

Short story: Where can I download a copy of DVD Recovery Manager that is not only an update? I have a Pavilion dm1 running Windows 7.

Long story: I purchased an extremely poorly configured Pavilion dm1 (the OS was for the wrong country, incorrect software was installed etc). Using the F11 recovery resulted in the entire machine becoming unbootable and the PC was swapped with the retailer. I got another one, with the same poorly configured image (1 month waiting, and completely different batches- either HP AU or HP SG is dumb). Knowing the Recovery partition to be unusable, I attempted to create a copy of a Recovery USB image. Installing this software resulted in it popping up and closing immediately. I couldn't use the Recovery DVD maker since there is no optical drive. Since the OS was completely wrong, I made a complete image of the HDD with Acronis TrueImage 2010 and over-wrote the OS partition (not the recovery partition) with my own copy of Windows 7.  I have now discovered that the HDD image failed to be created, so I would now like to create a Recovery Image as I have a copy of a Virtual DVD Burner software to create images (I have an external DVD-ROM drive), but HP doesn't release this software. I can't use the USB manager as it just closes immediately.

I tried using HP Recovery Manager for Windows 7 (sp45602) which is for the dm1, but this pops up with an error that it cannot find HardDrive.dll. I understand that this is only an update.

Many Thanks!

Student
goodjensi
Message 2 of 3 (1,287 Views)

Re: Recovery Manager for Pavilion dm1

hola me gustaria saver si puedo bajar el recovery de mi maquina ya que me la fortearon y perdi el recovery

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (1,285 Views)

Re: Recovery Manager for Pavilion dm1

@goodjensi

Phone HP to order Recovery Disks>>> Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation