Recurring Error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog." (6745 Views)
Student
KenDunn
Message 1 of 3 (6,745 Views)

Recurring Error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog."

I have a DV9743cl laptop and if I let is stand idle for more that 5-10 minutes it freezes up and eventually gives the error message. "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog."  Apparently I'm not the only one getting it because if you key in the error message and search the internet you will find the problem listed many times.  In fact the first person listed is someone with a HP 9500 laptop.  

Go to:  http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-performance/1035215.htm

No one has an answer and most replies, although not all, think it may be a bad hard drive (chkdsk /f did not solve the problem for me).  Has anyone experienced the same problem. 

Ken Dunn

Cleveland, OH

Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 3 (6,810 Views)

Recurring Error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog

Hello KenDunn,

You can try an SFC scan, run Command Prompt as Administrator then type "sfc /scannow" then allow that to run.

If it says corrupt files found and were unable to repair then you have corrupt OS files which is what would be causing the problem.

If it says corrupt files found and were repaired then restart and test the computer...

if still not working then ... try creating a new user account, may be corrupt user account also turn computer on and try loading in Safe Mode and test it there .. if it works in safe mode then there is NON MICROSFT programs running that are causing the computer to cause this error

Hope this helps...

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
Student
russputin62
Message 3 of 3 (6,457 Views)

Re: Recurring Error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog

"Logon process has failed to create security options dialogue"  stick with XP

HP Pavilion 9000

Vista Home Premium

I am thoroughly sick of endless problems with Vista

I have been getting non responding programs, hanging apps and task manager wierdness ever since trying to install SP1 on what was at the time a 1month old HP Pavilion. (The laptop would only work normally again by using hard reset to open in safe mode then restart from safe mode).  It took numerous attempts to get SP1 to install only to find that it would get stuck on on section 3 re-configuration (99%) where it would hang

The symptoms started after the first unsucessful attempt at SP1 install.

Microsoft Vista telephone support were initially helpful  and suggested using msconfig to set up a clean boot in order to diagnose the problem,after disabling all of the non MS  from start up the problem was still there, it was only after a selective disable of  non essential M/sft services(?) that we were able to make progress. Unfortunately the issue would not pin down to any one group of services and seemed to be intermittent.

Eventually by opening a different user account and clearing some cached memory ( I can't remember the exact procedure) I was able to get SP1 to install.

Microsoft assured me that this would sort things out but after a few days the whole thing started again only this time microsoft insisted that as it was obviously not a Vista SP1 issue it was not thier problem.

It is even worse now it bluescreens after a few minutes and/or the screen is tearing due to Nvidia " display drivers are corrupted"which shuts me out. I have tried to find newer drivers but no luck so far.

I have even tried a full format and recovery from the second hard drive but to no avail, as of yesterday these issues were still unresolved

Judging by the forums this is a common set of symptoms, so how come microsoft have evaded responsibility.  when even thier own people have established that this is occuring in an all microsoft environment, ie with all non microsoft stuff( OK " stuff" may not be the technical term) disabled

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation